Party Pooper

patently

Cruiser - they found that the "new" but was made very well and seriously rigid. So rigid, in fact, that it crushed the driver's cell completely :(

Also, the unrestrained passengers in the rear ended up as a mush of combined body parts pressed up against the bulkhead. And not in a nice way :uhoh:

As an aside, is it now a legal requirement to wear seatbelts in the back of limos?

Yes, but with limo tints (naturally) you'd have to invite a police officer inside to ever get caught.

To be fair, most limos struggle to get anywhere near 50mph, I've driven a couple and they are dog slow.

So lacking in class anyway these days that it would probably be doing society favour if you crashed one and killed all the occupants!

Afew years ago one of my daughters class mates had a Limo party. They were 7 at the time. I asked the mother who organised it if the children would be restrained. She replied no they would be dancing! I declined the invitation and took my daughter to Chester Zoo for the weekend.

Bloody stupid IMO.

• Like 1

I bet those parents would be quick to blame and sue the limo company if their little darlings got hurt.

With 7 year old children, the driver would take full responsibility for the unrestrained children.

A good driver would absolutely insist that all children were restrained, and should refuse to move the vehicle unless they are, and remain so for the entire duration of the journey.

It can be an absolute fecking nightmare driving limo's, and is one of the reasons we got out of it almost as soon as I took over the company, invariably all your passengers will be roudy scum, or the children of roudy scum on their way to the school prom, and you just end up having constant rows over why you've stopped, and you should 'just get on with your f*cking job and leave them to it in the back'.

I have to admit, a quick stab of the brake pedal will often shut them up though, but normally means a bigger cleaning job.

Edited by Tipex
  • Like 2

You'd be amazed how many people don't give a sh*t about their children's safety in taxis either.

They don't have to be in child seats, but they have to have a belt on, or sit on an adults lap with the adult wearing a seatbelt.

The number of people who don't even consider strapping in children until the drivers asks them to is simply amazing.

Then you get the arguments with parents who think it's a good idea to have the child on their lap, but with the belt around both of them. F*ckwits.

A responsible parent will do what Jim did rather than simply assume it'll be the driver's fault if anything happens.

I will admit to taking things to far in this respect. I wouldn't let my daughter travel in the 3rd row of our child minders Touran and wouldn't let her travel at all in our neighbours mk1 Freelander.