Europe holiday location with kids

CarMad

Until this year we have been away and stayed in villas with the kids and my parents. But for this summers holiday we want to go on our own and stay on a complex or in a hotel of some sort. 

We have got a 1 and 4 year old so nothing to fancy as we won't be able to get the best out of it but nothing rubbish either. However we do want them to be in a separate room and not on a put me up or similar, a three bed would be idea but there seem to be very few about. 

So if anyone has been to somewhere in the Algarve or Med etc. that they would recommend then post away. +++

Mook posted about a place he'd been on Facebook last year, it looked fantastic for a family with children, it was a campsite type place but with proper cabins.

Can't remember what it was called but I'll almost certainly be booking there for 2016, as we already have plans this year.

I'll have a look on Google maps as I know roughly where it is.....

Playa Blanca.

We still go there every 2 years.  Perfect for everything you have described.  You'll get a 2-3 bed villa there with its own pool and aircon, no problem (in fact I can recommend one that is excellent value for money and the agents are very good too).

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

We're going back to another Yelloh! campsite this year.  The one we stayed at was in Provence - brilliant place and bloody well run as well.  Four of us took a 12 person tent so had loads of room - it cost 350 Euros for the week, which may seem a lot for camping, but that's at peak time.

There's also a brilliant hotel on Majorca I'd go to again as well - German owned and not expensive.  I'll dig out the details.

We stayed here last year:

www.campingfdc.com

kids loved it, they've been twice, went with me last year and with Grandparents the year before.  Its not high class, but it was all clean, well kept and close to some nice beaches / rock pools which is great for keeping them occupied all day!!!  Just up the road is Royan.  Meschers which is near by has some great caves you can visit.

We've also spent lots of time in Albufeira in the Algarve, my parents visit there a lot in the winter so we often go our for a holiday in Feb.

Playa Blanca.

We still go there every 2 years.  Perfect for everything you have described.  You'll get a 2-3 bed villa there with its own pool and aircon, no problem (in fact I can recommend one that is excellent value for money and the agents are very good too).

NNMM - can you PM me the details for this?  Ta.   +++

We do more aparthotels now so that we can get a room for the kids. Makes life so much easier when you can put them to bed and not disturb them whilst you errm have the telly on etc  :secret:

Funnily I never saw you as one for "watching the TV" when you're on holiday Scotty ;)

• Like 1