Will Murray get his 3rd Gland Slam?

cruiser647

If he plays Warinka then possibly, I'd even say he might be slight favourite. Against the more likely opponent Djok, then no....

Wawrinka has beaten Scottish Nationalist Bloke in their last two matches....

However, to say "if it is him or if it is him" is a bit unfair to Scottish Nationalist Bloke - he is up there with all of them.  We underestimate the Scottish ****.

Djokovic will not look forward to playing him and neither will Wawrinka.  They will have both been hoping Berdych got through.

If Djokovic plays like that again, the Scottish Nationalist bloke will win.

It was an awful match.  The number of unforced errors from both of them was higher than in any of the other rounds! 

I think there's a very good chance the Scottish Nationalist bloke is about to join the rare club of winning all the slams - and the Olympic Gold.

Only 2 men have ever done it - Agassi and Nadal.

If Djokovic plays like that again, the Scottish Nationalist bloke will win.

It was an awful match.  The number of unforced errors from both of them was higher than in any of the other rounds! 

I think there's a very good chance the Scottish Nationalist bloke is about to join the rare club of winning all the slams - and the Olympic Gold.

Only 2 men have ever done it - Agassi and Nadal.

As far as I'm aware Murray has never won the French Open.... This is the one that so many players struggle with as it's such a different surface to the rest (Clay). 

Nadal has won the French (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014) in 2009 Federer won his ONLY French open title. 

As far as I'm aware Murray has never won the French Open.... This is the one that so many players struggle with as it's such a different surface to the rest (Clay). 

Nadal has won the French (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014) in 2009 Federer won his ONLY French open title. 

I honestly meant to exclude the French from that.  I'm aware of Nadal winning the French Open a million times and Federer only once.  I don't think so many struggle with the French as much as Nadal dominates the French.  If you look pre-Nadal era it was littered with different winners just like the other tournaments - he's just a clay court master.

You'd have probably known what I was referring to anyway from my inclusion of the Olympic Gold though. +++

You could easily say so many struggle with grass and Wimbledon with the domination of Federer though (who in my view is still the greatest player of all-time by a considerable margin).

Edited by NewNiceMrMe
  • Like 1

Watching the ladies Final - Williams v Sharapova.

Is Sharapova wearing some sort of remote 'love egg' vibrator - look away and it sounds like a scene from Debbie Does Dallas not a Grand Slam Tennis Final - what a feckin' noise........

Edited by TP27

...Federer though (who in my view is still the greatest player of all-time by a considerable margin).

Something we do agree on. Federer in his prime was in realm all of his own. No other player would touch him. He also managed to do it whilst looking so effortless and easy. He is a quite extraordinary player, and regardless of Nadal's records I don't think anyone comes close or will do for a long long time.

Sampras was a very special player indeed, but Federer moved it on so far.

Will Murray get his 3rd Grand Slam?

Well, that was the Question of this Thread and I can safely say, on what I've seen so far this morning, no!

I hope there is a dramatic change around in fortune for him.....!

He's raised his game a bit now. Whatever the outcome it's a cracking match☺

• Like 1