991 Turbo S

Woppum

I have been looking for a slightly more subtle daily for a while. Speciale and GTO need to not run up too many miles and need something that does not attract so much attention. It was hard to work out what would be exciting enough to not make me grab the red key in the morning but I broke it down to the c black serious and a 911 of some sort. I drove the black and didn't like it, then I drove a GTS and loved it ! Only issue was it felt a little slow compared to the f cars. I drove a normal 991 turbo last weekend and was totally blown away with it, such an awsome car ! Found this car stock with only 1700 miles and just done the deal ! Pick up sat, can't bloody wait !

post-1340-560311_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Nicely done! Can't see the outside pic but think the uploader is playing up as I was trying to post a picture in Kneesliders which won't work either.

Inside looks a nice place to be though :-)

That's some stable of cars you're building up. Is the work on the GTO done for the Euro trips?

Nicely done! Can't see the outside pic but think the uploader is playing up as I was trying to post a picture in Kneesliders which won't work either.Inside looks a nice place to be though :-)That's some stable of cars you're building up. Is the work on the GTO done for the Euro trips?

Yes all done mate, car is getting a lot of use. Did 450 miles in it over the wk end... It got filthy !

post-1340-288966_thumb.jpg

Nice car mate. I trust the E92 is long gone?!

Well technically I still have it but a friend wants it so I'm prepping it for sale as we speak. Last of the best the e92... Really was not I pressed by the m4.. I just don't need 4 seats much so better off in a smaller 2+2.... This was an itch I had to scratch ! :)

Nice one Wopps. Did you pay cash and get a discount? :P

If you need to store them somewhere where it only rains pure water, no humidity, no salt on the roads, and where they will be admired, I can make room in my garage. :eclipse:

I thought you still had the RS, so (if you do) why go the Turbo S? (Not that I'm insanely jealous or anything).

Nice one Wopps. Did you pay cash and get a discount? :P

If you need to store them somewhere where it only rains pure water, no humidity, no salt on the roads, and where they will be admired, I can make room in my garage. :eclipse:

I thought you still had the RS, so (if you do) why go the Turbo S? (Not that I'm insanely jealous or anything).

Hi Rachel,

Sadly I sold the RS when I bought the Italia. It was a great car and I did over 22k miles in it but living in London it was a pin in the arse and I wasn't bothered enough to keep and store it. In hindsight it's worth today well over double what I sold it for... A shame but not the end of the world. Learnt my lesson shall we say ! ;)

The turbo s is is a revalation ! With the 991 it handles like a mid engined car, it's like the current gt3 with double the power ! I was expecting a soulless fast car I wouldn't gel with, couldn't be further from the truth ! The new RS will be a killer, a giant slayer and as rare as a 4.0ltr RS. If I manage to get my hands on one it will be worth a pretty penny, not that I will sell it ! Porsche, like ferrari are at the top of their game at the moment. It's an exciting time for cars !

• Like 1