991 Turbo S

Woppum

Ahhhh so you *have* got your name down then! :grin:

I'm put my name down in 2010 when I bought my last RS new ! My deposit ages ago. Just this year I have bought I brand new 991 GTS and another GTS 4wd (both for familly), then this turbo s and even then I am not 100% sure I will get a new RS. When the current 991 gt3 are advertised at up to £180k retail (£110-120k List a year ago!) and 997.2 RS similar demand is very high. When actual numbers are released for the UK and given the 918 customers get first dibs there will be very little allocation left. It is going to be virtually impossible to get a car. I recon values overnight will double and prices will double like the 4.0. Sadly not just I think this and deposits in the UK are probably 20 times the allocation ! That said I'm a good customer and hve an order for the 991.2 turbo s at end of year so this year I'll be rather a good customer ! Plus they know I won't be selling and be seen on track the very wk end I get it lol ! Tbc, if I don't get it I'll be on suicide watch ! Last n/a RS ever !!! Like the speciale and maybe GTO I hope this car will list with me for the rest of my years !

Edited by Woppum
  • Like 1

Last n/a RS ever !!! Like the speciale and maybe GTO I hope this car will list with me for the rest of my years !

Bit like my C63 Coupe - last of the schmick NA 6.2l hand built AMG V8s.   Planning to keep it at least a decade if circumstances permit.

I'll just have to live vicariously through your exploits Sam, as gems like the 599 GTO were never Oz bound, and our stupid laws here mean you couldn't drive it anyway of you got it here.

So, be a kind soul, and post some short clips of the GTO and the Speciale out on the open road at WOT.   Just don't kill yourself filming.  +++

• Like 1

Rachel I'm afraid I'm not very good when it comes to video, one day I may give it a go. i can do pics ? :)

Picked her UK to day. I'm over the moon. Sadly all today's driving was done in traffic. Will get up early tomorrow and go for a drive !

Beautiful 355.  Hard to believe the 991 has TWICE the torque....... that's 20 years progress I guess.

Respect mate, love your car collection :-)

You need to get another WOP plate

I have one more wop plate reserved for something rather special I hope will come this year. Par that, only one other car I have my eyes on... But I'm not sure it will be a this year purchase.... Edited by Woppum
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Time for an update Wopps! You've had your new daily for a while now - so impressions?

Jdne e e

Love the idea behind the gto. For interest why do you prefer, louder, less comfy? Does that equal more fun? Can't ever imagine a world where a 700bhp front engined feza wouldn't make me very happy! Anyway do get the 'raw thing', just bought something with no windscreen!

Ok, so here a brief stab describing my small crop of sports cars... I now have a turbo s as a daily. It's very fast, comfortable, great stereo air con and heated seats etc. the torque is immence, you are always riding the crest of a tidal wave... I really do think it's the perfect daily... It does not matter what the weather is like, this car is biblically fast. It not only gets its power down in all conditions, it carrya a it's speed through the corners no car should be be able to do no matter the conditions. On the road I keep the car in auto mode, but in sport. Never thought I would but honestly the car computer knows what to do faster than than I do. A moments flutter on the accelerator makes results. In the real world this is the daddy. I can't imagine anything faster. Also got used to its sound. Turbos usually suck the life out the a cars rasp. This car is not musical like an n/a car but I admit it's purposeful. On track when you are wringing it's neck in manual mode, even with a helmet on the car is loud. The blips sound really very good. In these conditions when the revs fly so quickly you could easilly be mistaken for being in a top of the range n/a car. I m very tempted to quickly melt this set of tyres and try the car on track with cup2 tyres. I think on slower speed tracks this car would piss all over the new RS. It has a lot of mechanical grip but just lacks downforce.

The GTO is the loudest, best sounding car I have ever heard. The gearchange is the last and the best of the single clutch gear boxes. When you change gear the whole car shakes ! You are in the world biggest A bomb ! The last few thousand revs rattle your bones inside your skin ! It's also massive car to navigate, especially at speed is just such an event. You have to respect this car, even more so with the fact it is left hand drive and visibility not so good.. The GTO is very very wide and because its nose is so very long and it's left hand drive it just makes the position so much more awkward. All of this just makes it more of a challenge however... I wouldn't have it any other way ! What is crazy is how manageable the car is at speed. It's 670bhp after all. First time I drove this car I thought I made a mistake. Slowly I have started to learn and respect the beast. I'm slowly getting there. When I'm 70 we may even really understand each other...

The spaz is an animal. Today is the first time I have driven it in a few weeks. I put in the worlds biggest sound system because all you hear inside is road noise and exhaust... The car does not do anything mild. It's is an assault to the senses. The throttle, steering, breaks react with a mm of travel. Put it in race and the car will slide for Italy. Your feet while you are driving feel like they are grazing the road. It is e world poshest go kart/ racing car. This car is all about the sheer joy of driving. If you ever got that clear road you dream of, you take the apaz, turn it's traction control setting to race and you just hold on the best you can. You have to be quick.... It does not flatter laziness. **** me it's awsome ... Can't wait to get to Angelsey !....

Edited by Woppum
  • Like 6

Things have come a long way from the day of the R32. 

But that is one stunning set of motors you have got, thanks for sharing and let us know when you get something else. 

We aren't at all jealous, oh no, well maybe a lot but at least we know someone that gets to enjoy them and share the experience; plus you use them how the should  be.  +++ +++

• Like 3

Thanks mate... You lot have known me and my fanatically obsessive nature towards cars for as long as 12 years now lol....Really got the bug now and having a tremendous time with it :)

Just got back from a day at Angelsey with friends today. The Speciale performed incredibly well. It has a mode called race which I can only descibe as electronic protection by God ! Somehow it manages to allow you to break traction while staying in complete control. It modulates the amount of power that gets put through the wheels to get you out the corner as quickly as possible. If you get on the power to early for example, the back steps wide but not in a cloud of smoke rather an efficient manner before its sticky tyres get to grips with the Tarmac. It's highly impressive and a great safetynet when your getting to grips with the car...

post-1340-0-71995200-1428184998_thumb.jp

• Like 1