MG Maestro. Looked showroom fresh.

cruiser647

I had a Montego Turbo, you don't know what torque steer is until you've driven one, there is literally nothing else on the road that torque steers like a Monty Turbo.

Mine ended up ingesting it's own engine oil in a massive cloud of smoke outside Tesco until the engine seized.

I used to go out with a girl whose Dad had a MG Maestro. Used to drive it now and again

Did feel quite quick but always seemed to be having wheel bearings replaced, not to.mentuon the dash and the speech synthesis:-)

I forgot about that speechy thing.  And the wierdo dash.

My Ren 25 had speech, and it was perfect!

And we all know the Senator/Astra GTE had the best digital dashes around!

My brother had a Renault 25 with the speech thingy.

Naturally being a Renault, it had a myriad of electrical problems, and just constantly repeated "the left rear door is ajar".

Incidentally, one of my customers has an absolutely mint 25 V6, it wants for nothing, I'd love to take it off their hands one day and thrash the living daylights out of it, it's almost certainly never been above 3k rpm or 60mph.

My brother had a Renault 25 with the speech thingy.

Naturally being a Renault, it had a myriad of electrical problems, and just constantly repeated "the left rear door is ajar".

Incidentally, one of my customers has an absolutely mint 25 V6, it wants for nothing, I'd love to take it off their hands one day and thrash the living daylights out of it, it's almost certainly never been above 3k rpm or 60mph.

Both of my Ren 25 were the 2.2 GTX version, mk I & Mk II.  Absolutely no electicial issues with either of them.

Just couldn't stretch to the V6s.  :(

Cruiser, I think it was the Carlton GSi that also had the digital dash, I had a 12v & 24v Senator in the day & both were normal analogue displays.

Cracking car though, when you drove one of them, you realised why the rozzers used them for so long.