This looks awesome!

Scotty

I never knew ANYONE with a neo geo as a kid. They were almost a thing of myth, as who exactly could afford those prices.

I still have what has to be a huge rarity, considering they only sold about 5 of them and that's a 32X, it was that mushroom looking console add on to the Sega Megadrive.  

32x isn't particularly rare, they still go for good money though.

Average around £100, if it's mint, boxed and has the power supply and link cable it could go for more, I've seen them fetch £150 before.

It was always a bit of a daft add on though, and if you had that, and the Sega CD attached to your Megadrive you had three separate power supplies to plug in, and about a million cables behind the system!

As for Neo Geo's, As you say, they were something of a mythical system, I never knew anyone that had one either.

Even today they are silly expensive, so much so that it's cheaper (and quite a popular thing to do) to buy the guts of a genuine Neo Geo MVS arcade machine and cobble a system together using a PC power supply and a few other bits, the games are identical.

Plus it looks cool having 'insert coins' flashing on the screen, or 'free play'.

My friends 'games room' consisted of:

Neo Geo

Megadrive

Pc Engine

Pc Engine Super Gfx

Amiga A500 +borrowed laser disc player for Dragons Lair and Space Ace

Might have forgotten one or two. Think we were still at school, maybe just left. He worked for his family business at weekends and evenings as a flat roofer, spent his hard earned on consoles and games.

We even created our own immersive gaming chair. :o Ok, it was an old office swivel chair that rocked a bit but one of us played the game, the other stood behind and moved the chair. Afterburner was hilarious. :roflmao: just couldn't loop the loop!

We had every gaming system under the sun in our student house in the second year. One lad that moved in couldn't cope with our nocturnal activities and moved out (he actually wanted to study!!). We stuck an advert up on the wall at Uni stating that we had a decent house with all these gaming systems, we like to go out and party, get back late and that smokers would be preferred. I think the message got through and a decent bloke moved in!!

• Like 2