Qatar Airways sale – superb value in Business Class

Andy_Bangle

@Busby - booked anything yet?

The latest round of ex-Europe deals offer best value from Scandinavia, but there is a number of good value options available on departures from the UK, including London to Bangkok at £1830 return, Cape Town at £1910 return and Hong Kong at £1925 return.

A number of Economy Class routes are also included in this sale, some of which are at very good prices. However, in terms of the product you are getting, undoubtedly the best value is in the Qatar Business Class sale.

The other stand out deals available from the UK and Europe are as follows:

Business Class flights from the UK (book by 11 June)

London (Heathrow) to Bangkok – £1,830
London to Cape Town – £1,910
London to Colombo – £1,795
London to Dubai – £1,885
London to Ho Chi Minh City – £1,830
London to Hong Kong – £1,925
London to Jakarta – £1,825
London to Kuala Lumpur – £1,830
London to Phuket – £1,930
London to Shanghai – £1,835
London to Singapore  – £1,835
London to Tokyo – £1,935
Edinburgh to Tokyo – £1,965
Edinburgh to Singapore – £1,965
Edinburgh to Shanghai – £1,860
Edinburgh to Phuket – £2,100
Edinburgh to Kuala Lumpur – £1,965
Edinburgh to Jakarta – £1,960
Edinburgh to Hong Kong £2,015
Edinburgh to Ho Chi Minh City – £1,865
Edinburgh to Dubai £1,920
Edinburgh to Colombo – £1,825
Edinburgh to Cape Town – £2,100
Edinburgh to Bangkok – £1,865
Manchester to Bangkok – £1,865
Manchester Cape Town – £2,105
Manchester to Colombo – £1,830
Manchester to Dubai – £1,925
Manchester to Ho Chi Minh City – £1,865
Manchester to Hong Kong – £2,020
Manchester to Jakarta – £1,960
Manchester to Kuala Lumpur – £1,965
Manchester to Maldives – £2,480
Manchester to Phuket – £2105
Manchester to Shanghai – £1,860 GBP Details Book
Manchester to Singapore – £1,970
Manchester to Tokyo – £1,970

Business Class return flights from Norway (book by 31 December)

Oslo to Bangkok – €1807
Oslo to Dubai – €1892
Oslo to Ho Chi Minh City – €2259
Oslo to Kuala Lumpur  – €2265
Oslo to Phuket – €2146
Oslo to Singapore(SIN) at €1999

Business Class return flights from Sweden (book by 31 December)

Stockholm to Abu Dhabi – €1763
Stockholm to Bangkok – €1923
Stockholm to Dar Es Salaam – €2051
Stockholm to Delhi – €2073
Stockholm to Dubai – €1859
Stockholm to Hong Kong – €1758
Stockholm to Nairobi – €1977
Stockholm to Phuket – €1870
Stockholm to Sharjah – €1859
Stockholm to Singapore – €2089

Business Class return flights from Denmark (book by 31 December)

Copenhagen to Bangkok – €1922
Copenhagen to Dubai  – €1714
Copenhagen to Hong Kong – €2397
Copenhagen to Phuket  – €2243

First up, some of the UK departure prices compare favourably even to the Euro-priced Scandinavia flights. Otherwise, at these prices, you will often still be saving a fortune by taking a positioning flight to Oslo etc and flying on from there. Ryanair, easyJet etc can be used to very good effect here.

• 10 months later...

Qatar has another sale from UK airports ending tomorrow £500 to Oz etc. Oz fromwas £460 return - so cheap.

Dubai fr £315.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/special-offers.page

Edinburgh – Perth: £461

Manchester – Perth: £472

Manchester – Adelaide: £478

Birmingham – Perth: £481

London – Perth: £485

Birmingham – Adelaide: £486

Edinburgh – Sydney: £489

London – Adelaide: £490

Manchester – Sydney: £512

Edinburgh – Adelaide: £517

Manchester – Melbourne: £517

Birmingham – Melbourne: £526

London – Sydney: £528

Edited by Andy_Bangle

The filter on that search page isn't very helpful - looking for business flights at Xmas Lon -> Dubai or Abu Dhabi and getting what seems like every route/class returned e.g. Birmingham to Islamabad for different dates!

Might stand a better chance with the Emirates sale, with the introduction of their 10th Daily flight from London to Dubai they have 5000 seats per day to fill. Plus they've just introduced an A380 service from BHX - that's a lot of bums on seats.

• Like 1

Qatar started a new sale today new.

The headline fare is Birmingham to Perth for £1,250 return in Business Class. This would be an astonishing fare – except that I couldn’t find one. There IS plenty at £1,425 return though.

There is LOADS of availability for Edinburgh to Dubai at £880 return in Business.

Birmingham to Phuket in business £980 is a real bargain..

The full list of deals is on their website. You must book by Sunday but can travel up to 31st March 2017.

http://www.qatarairways.com/uk/en/special-offers.page

Also, the ex-BHX/MAN sale by *A and DL/VS runs out tonight as well. Under £1200 to the West Coast with great availability through to the end of next March. Even cheaper to Florida (not MCO).

Just another quick look at the Business class fares:

These routes are under £1,000 in Business Class – and remember that you can fly until 31st March 2017 in most cases:
Edinburgh to Dubai – £880
Birmingham to Phuket – £980

These routes are under £1,250:
Edinburgh to Maldives – £1,130
Edinburgh to Bangkok – £1,140
Edinburgh to Singapore – £1,200
Birmingham to Perth – £1,250 (the most astonishing price I have ever seen for a flight to Australasia from the UK – but, in practice, I couldn’t find it.  I did find seats at £1,425 return however.  Sydney is around £1,700.)
London to Dubai – £1,250

VS/DL ex MAN USA £1057 fare extended until tonight by the way. Tampa, West Palm Beach and Key West included in Florida. Same price as economy high season! :)

@cabby Friend just booked 2 weeks in the sun at Christmas (through Expedia) for £853 (R/I) using their ‘special fare’. Edinburgh-Doha-Dubai. Whilst someone else booked Business BHX-DOH-HKT on a 787 on both legs, Over Christmas for £1053.

Just went to my online banking (Halifax) and under their cashbook rewards programme you can also get 8% cashbook on Qatar at the moment – lasts until some time in May. And don’t forget TCB/Quidco for 2.1/2% respectively on top +++

Edited by Andy_Bangle
  • Like 1

@cabby Friend booked 2 weeks in the sun at Christmas (through Expedia) for £853 (R/I) using their ‘special fare’. Edinburgh-Doha-Dubai. Whilst someone else booked Business BHX-DOH-HKT on a 787 on both legs, Over Christmas for £1053.

Just went to my online banking (Halifax) and under their cashbook rewards programme you can also get 8% cashbook on Qatar at the moment – lasts until some time in May. And don’t forget TCB/Quidco for 2.1/2% respectively on top +++

Cheers Andy although not sure departing from anywhere other than London is an option given we'll be travelling with a 10 and 4 yo  :P.  H'row and Gatwick are less than an hour from us. 

Not flown Virgin before but Upper Class is looking pretty good value.  Seem to have reduced fares in-line with the competition.  Also noticed that many flights on this route are cheaper in business than premium at present  :eek: .

Cheers Andy although not sure departing from anywhere other than London is an option given we'll be travelling with a 10 and 4 yo  :P.  H'row and Gatwick are less than an hour from us. 

Not flown Virgin before but Upper Class is looking pretty good value.  Seem to have reduced fares in-line with the competition.  Also noticed that many flights on this route are cheaper in business than premium at present  :eek: .

Virgin UC is very nice - personally I don't think the new seats are as comfortable when used as a bed as the old ones used to be but that's a very minor gripe!  I just wish they collected you from home on all UC fares rather than just full price ones.  We've used up all our miles for our next flight and might switch to Emirates now as they will do chauffeur transfers on any business ticket.  Would be a shame really as we've flown with Virgin in UC for 15 years!

The London lounges (especially Heathrow) are awesome too and both have children's areas (better kids area is at Gatwick).  If you go from Heathrow you can use the drive through check-in too which is great when you have the family with you.  

• Like 1

Virgin UC is very nice - personally I don't think the new seats are as comfortable when used as a bed as the old ones used to be but that's a very minor gripe!  I just wish they collected you from home on all UC fares rather than just full price ones.  We've used up all our miles for our next flight and might switch to Emirates now as they will do chauffeur transfers on any business ticket.  Would be a shame really as we've flown with Virgin in UC for 15 years!

The London lounges (especially Heathrow) are awesome too and both have children's areas (better kids area is at Gatwick).  If you go from Heathrow you can use the drive through check-in too which is great when you have the family with you.  

We flew Virgin UC back from Dubai a few years back.  It was good (the service was superb) but your comments on the seats are spot on. 

Oddly enough, the best first class we've ever flown was Air Mauritius.  It was the type of trip where you didn't really know what to expect on such a small airline, but they are outstanding and the comfort was out of this world.  The contrast couldn't have been starker to Air France whom we flew home with, again first class - it was the worst first class we've ever had.  Truly atrocious.  Old, grubby, crap service, uncomfortable and some entertainment functions and seat functions not working.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Doha is anything but dirty.  The new airport is stunning.  Take a taxi into the City and visit the spice souks.  In fact, just take a taxi and ask them to show you the Corniche (a road).  You'll see a City landscape like nothing else on earth.

I took hundreds of photo's and never got bored of it.

Doha-Skyline-Boat.jpg

Doha-New-Old.jpg

Doha-Warm-Light-1.jpg

Doha-Warm-Light-Yellow-Tree.jpg

post-6756-0-11540800-1461359070_thumb.jp

post-6756-0-85634700-1461359086_thumb.jp

post-6756-0-35668200-1461359102_thumb.jp

post-6756-0-83577500-1461359118_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I will be passing through Doha again in June and get complementary hotel / visa / food as my layover is over 8 hours :)

Depending on your timings there's a free city tour you can sign up too: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/en/offers/doha-city-tour.page otherwise as mrme said, jump in a taxi as things are pretty close and fares are reasonable (cheap). You'll need to pay in local currency and get a visa on entry which is 100 QR (20 quid)

If you're flying business class with Qatar then the al mourjan business lounge is amazing, it's easy to waste a few hours in there :)

...and don't forget to take a picture of the multi-million dollar teddy bear for your kids +++

post-2199-0-52955600-1461401765_thumb.jp

Edited by Andy_Bangle

As Andy said, there are tours.  He's spot on about taxi fares too - they're dirt cheap.

Have a walk around, everything is very close together in Doha and make sure you go to Villaggio, a venetian themed mall where seeing is believing - because it has a full canal system inside it and is also the home of the Doha Raiders - Qatar's Ice Hockey team!  Their rink is in the centre of the mall.... :roflmao:

You'll also get to the see the stadia for the 2022 World Cup, because thet're almost all complete and have been for a long time.

In doing so, you'll see this - The Torch hotel.  It is attached to one of the stadiums and you can see a little part of it stuck out half way up.  That is a viewing platform. It is huge!

TheTorch.jpg

A few others for you, to whet the appetite (it is a fantastic place in my opinion):

Doha-Boat-Flags.jpg

mall6.jpg

qatar-ice-hockey.jpg

post-6756-0-93288300-1461402068_thumb.jp

post-6756-0-12436300-1461402144_thumb.jp

post-6756-0-62126600-1461402248_thumb.jp

post-6756-0-32737000-1461402320_thumb.jp

• Like 1