cruiser647

Blatter.....

42 posts in this topic

Can't honestly say I'm surprised, and I'm surprised anyone else is to be honest?

The moment he said (or didn't) that he was going, but that he'd stay on for almost a year, I think it was pretty obvious.

I'd like to batter, Blatter.

Can't honestly say I'm surprised, and I'm surprised anyone else is to be honest?

The moment he said (or didn't) that he was going, but that he'd stay on for almost a year, I think it was pretty obvious.

I don't know anyone who thought that.  He resigned.  There was never any indication of him standing for re-election.

It was utterly transparent that he had resigned but was remaining in charge until the election of a new President.  He said those very words.

It is a total surprise and completely farcical - and that's the only thing that isn't a surprise about it. :roflmao:

It was the "remaining in charge" bit that immediately set my alarm bells ringing.

Seems he is actually going.   TFFT!

Amazing how long it takes to call an extrordinary AGM....  :roflmao:

Great isn't it, give that man a Lee a pat on the back. +++

2 people like this

I love the way he starts grabbing the cash before realising it's fake and calling security... He was like a contestant on the Crystal Maze lol

2AB2A77D00000578-3168276-FIFA_president_

3 people like this

Great isn't it, give that man a Lee a pat on the back. +++

Now the Swiss police have him, I bet he'll be deported a hell of a lot quick than all the bent FIFA officials hiding from the FBI.

1 person likes this

Putin and Blatter.

In the words of Gary Lineker: "Football is in safe hands" lol

post-2199-0-79212300-1437853841_thumb.jp

post-2199-0-96606100-1437854006_thumb.jp

Pot......Kettle!

I'd have posted this up earlier, but I was laughing too much to have any control.  :rolleyes:

Putin knowing exactly what to say to wind up the West  :roflmao:

Seems as though major sponsors are now telling Blatter to go, Coke, McDonalds and Budwiser have all released statements calling for Blatter to leave immediately, Blatter is of course, refusing.

I'm not sure he can ride this one out, the sponsors carry all the weight, although I'd be surprised to see them withdraw sponsorship.

There is a lot of pressure from those that pay the bills but I still don't see him going. I don't think he could be more out of touch if he tried.

The sponsors issuing ultimatums (ultimata? :uhoh: ) doesn't really mean anything unless they are actually willing to pull the plug.

And is suspect they can't with contracts up to 2021 in some cases.

I would disagree.  It will lead to him resigning because both Coca-Cola and McDonald's will pull the plug from what I've read.  I don't think this is words alone.  They'd have said it long ago if it was.

p.s. the contract end date is irrelevant because according to the legal eagles they'll have more than enough justification to terminate on the basis of brand damage and FIFA officials being held on criminal charges.

Maybe, I'd like to see the back of him but he seems coated by more Teflon than my frying pan and to day nothing has stuck on him or made him leave.

A normal company with shareholders he would have been gone a long time ago this is more a gentlemans club than anything else.

See what next week brings.