[Audi A1] Miles per tank

johnny11

Over the past 8 years I've mostly had RS audis but now we have an Audi A1 2.0 TDI for a while, only had the car a week but had to shoot to Scotland over the weekend and this car got from London to Dundee on a single tank of fuel, I found this quite impressive as I know the fuel tanks are quite small I think 45 litres but to get 500 miles from a single tank I think is quite good. But also I actually enjoyed the drive, it is almost fully loaded so did help with the journey having the Bose, cruise control and sat nav etc, but I really like this little car and just eats the miles on the motorway.

Edited by johnny11

Not sure why Audi dropped the 2.0 TDI from the A1 during the facelift.  Possibly because it ran an older version of the 2.0 TDI, whereas newer floorpans have more modern variants.  Cannot imagine it would have cost that much to fit a later variant?

They do look good in Sport / S line / Black Ed trim with xenons

We have a 3 year old Audi A1 1.4 TFSI S-Line.

Fabulous little car.  We bought it for our eldest on her 21st birthday and whilst she has put more scratches and dinks in it than anyone else could do whilst trying, it is a very refined and frugal thing.

122 hp makes it quite nippy for what it is too.  An impressive car that I'd not hesitate to recommend.