Booster

New A4!!!

16 posts in this topic

I nearly fell asleep!

They might as well have launched a new size of printer paper.

Audi's have basically become a German car equivalent of white goods.

That link appears to lead to a page showing an 8 year old Audi A4..... :bike:

I quite like that.  Shame they don't have more V engines.

Less and less V engines is something I'll just have to get used too, unless I have serious funds!

If you are in the market for an easy to live with easy to drive c segment saloon, what's not to like.

Audi know it's market better than just about any other car manufacture. And this is reflected in their profitability.

Just because it does not fit with our idea of what makes a good car does not mean it is unworthy.

Edited by jimdiesel

If you are in the market for an easy to live with easy to drive c segment saloon, what's not to like.

Can you name me a modern mass production car that statement doesn't describe?

Cruiser, i'm not surprised that someone who likes the existing model likes the new one either, why wouldn't you, it's identical.

For what it's worth, it isn't an ugly car, it isn't a bad car, it's not poorly made, it isn't unreliable, it's just not very interesting, Audi are simply producing white goods for the masses off the back of 'halo' models, for people who don't really know any better.

All imo of course.

Edited by Tipex

Can you name me a modern mass production car that statement doesn't describe?

Cruiser, i'm not surprised that someone who likes the existing model likes the new one either, why wouldn't you, it's identical.

For what it's worth, it isn't an ugly car, it isn't a bad car, it's not poorly made, it isn't unreliable, it's just not very interesting, Audi are simply producing white goods for the masses off the back of 'halo' models, for people who don't really know any better.

All imo of course.

It does looks very similar there is no denying that. But when you make 4.5 billion euro profit (and that was 2012) why change it..!

Because you risk losing customers to other brands if you do not innovate.

Let's be brutally honest, people are buying Audi's because it's currently fashionable to do so, it doesn't reflect on the product much at all, aside from it not being anything less than average, it was BMW in the 2000's, it'll be someone else before too long.

There are now much better looking cars available, take the new Mondeo as an example, a far better car in almost every way except for the posing value of the badge.

Edited by Tipex

I think that new Mondeo is hideousness beyond comparison!  The high tail lights, the AM grill - just wrong.

I much prefer the looks of the Insignia or the Mazda 6.

No doubt some buy a car as it's fashionable and on trend.  Others buy because they like them.

Recent Audi's have always 'evolved' in design, whereas BMW always change.  Mercedes recent offerings have been more evolution than revolution in the looks dept

For years I've been waiting for the A4 to become a bit more exciting, and now I think they've really cracked it :roflmao:

I think that new Mondeo is hideousness beyond comparison! The high tail lights, the AM grill - just wrong.

I much prefer the looks of the Insignia or the Mazda 6.

I'm not sure how you managed to sneak the Insignia in to that, it must be the dullest car on the market!

However, the fact the Mondeo sparks such disgust in you means it's doing it's job, people either love it or hate it, which means it's interesting.

The A4 everyone just thinks is alright, which is not exactly high praise.

It's a good job we all have different taste in cars, personally I think the new Fords are among the best looking cars on the market right now, when do you pick up your Ssangyong? ;-)

The Mondeo is a really good-looking car.  The Insignia is just dull.  Dull to look at. Dull to drive.

Boys - you need these.....

post-4307-0-82018600-1435842473_thumb.jp

:roflmao:

1 person likes this

The Mondeo is hideous?  It is a fantastic looking car!  I think you need hospital, never mind glasses! :roflmao: