So Vettel is a bit of "a tool"?

Rachel

If you're outside the sport, I guess it's easy to see him as a tool.  But it's as much a business as a sport - if it's business and it's going to impact your ability to earn and win, then get the lawyers out.  I don't see it as a big deal.

• Like 1

The other thing to remember in all this.

Seb does not have an agent or a management team. He does everything himself. The lovely Britta is his PA. To send an official letter to the team, which the situation warranted, Seb might always use his solicitors.

Context is everything.

Playing Devils Advocate for a sec, what's the point in having terms in your contract if they are going to be breached....? IIRC, team orders were banned and Multi 21 was quite clearly subterfuge to get around it.

Was Vettel advised by his lawyers (or third party) that that was the best/necessary course of action?

We shall never really know the full truth behind the incident, and I'm not defending him if it were the truth, however it's all too easy for the "no2" driver to start throwing out the history now and the Aussie website to brand Vettel a tool....