mk3 TT-S

cheechy

So thought I'd dust down this section and post a few thoughts and pics after almost a month of ownership.

Looks:

I like the new more aggressive looks combined with a colour I've always wanted to try (Sepang blue). 

Practicality:

Its a TT.....ok so more practical than say, a cayman but back seats are still waste of space. Boot is ok and a little bigger than the mark 2. Plenty of space up front of course and seating position very good.

Driving:

Much better than mark2. Almost a drivers car - ok maybe not but if you've tried the golf R or S3 then this is a slight improvement on those given a slightly better weight distribution. Feels nimbler and turn in surprisingly good. Cornering gives some feel as opposed to none! Very grippy as you'd expect. Coming from a stage1 manual TTRS this car was never going to have the same drama, noise and outright pace but the 6 speed Stronic does make the most of the power unit and you never know I could get round to a remap....

Cabin:

Wow. I didn't tick all the boxes for what is a fairly expensive outlay these days but technology pack, comfort pack taken to give a very modern feel to the new TT. The seats are great and the whole feel of the cabin is very good. If you want anything better than this then you may have to spend closer to twice the asking price IMO. 

No question for me that this is a great daily driver just a shame its so damn expensive. I did manage to get a bit off the car but it was a bitter pill to swallow given this is an MQB based car. Saying that it is for me the best of the MQB cars so I guess this is why Audi have pitched it where they have. God forbid what they will charge for the RS version - 50k+ before you even start to add stuff on??

post-3411-0-39224600-1436260115_thumb.jppost-3411-0-83530200-1436260129_thumb.jppost-3411-0-01636300-1436260144_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I hired a new TT TDI last time I was in Germany and it's a bloody nice car.  Great fun to drive.  The only thing I couldn't get used to was the overly-light steering, but I guess that's the norm for everything now with electro-hydraulic steering.

I still really want a TT-RS  :)

• Like 1

lol aye I've done my TTRS thing and point to point its a seriously fast car for the money. The car managed (with me at the wheel using a manual box) a 12.3 second 1/4 mile time. Same car with Stronic easily takes 0.8 seconds off that.

I miss it to a degree but the new TT is a lot better than the old car in most areas if I'm honest, just not outright pace in a straight line.

Edited by cheechy

No question for me that this is a great daily driver just a shame its so damn expensive. I did manage to get a bit off the car but it was a bitter pill to swallow given this is an MQB based car. Saying that it is for me the best of the MQB cars so I guess this is why Audi have pitched it where they have. God forbid what they will charge for the RS version - 50k+ before you even start to add stuff on??

That does look gorgeous.  Especially in Sepang.  But as you say its the thick end of 10k more than the identical-drivetrain S3.

• Like 1

That does look gorgeous. Especially in Sepang. But as you say its the thick end of 10k more than the identical-drivetrain S3.

You do get another 10PS for your extra 10k though:-)

I have to agree, it does look stunning in that colour.

Edited by Cuprabob
  • Like 1