Marshall smartphone - for music lovers

Soulboy

This is a surprise. I can see it being a cool choice for the young uns.... to own something different from the crowd.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/11745730/Marshall-launches-loudest-mobile-phone-on-Earth-for-music-lovers.html

If it did become popular and spark a wave of copycats. A brand new one, unused, in mint condition could be worth keeping.

Edit:

The specs not very high, but the free headphones you get if you preorder are worth £179....meaning you get the phone for £229.

https://www.marshallheadphones.com/mh_uk_en/london-phone

Edited by Soulboy
  • Like 1

Missed the quality sound card, powerful built in speakers, twin headphone ports with individual volume controls then all linking in with the Marshall name in music?

They hid that USP well.....

Quality sound card? Lol :roflmao;

Yeah because no other phones produce good quality sound do they?

Built in speakers? Wow another exclusive.

Twin headphone ports, ok I'll give it that, not much of a selling point though, is it?

Basically, they've taken an average Android phone (not even a good one), and stuck an extra headphone jack on it, I think I'll keep my money thanks.

Who really listens to music through their phone speaker(s)? 

At the risk of duplicating the discussion about suits, errr, I do!  I like to have music in the background, I'm often in the garage, there isn't a sound system in there, I don't want a dangly lead getting in the way, so I pop the phone somewhere flat and use that +++

I still think it is a gimmick. Who really listens to music through their phone speaker(s)? The headphones could be added to any other smartphone.

The people that buy it will be Marshall geeks.

Agree - but can also see djs using it for editing mixes etc when out and about.

At the risk of duplicating the discussion about suits, errr, I do!  I like to have music in the background, I'm often in the garage, there isn't a sound system in there, I don't want a dangly lead getting in the way, so I pop the phone somewhere flat and use that +++

Buy a £50 speaker box (they don't need to be wired, you can get chargeable ones that'll retain power for hours on end).  Then you can listen to music, not tinny droning noises. :roflmao:

Or a radio.  You ever heard of those? :roflmao:

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Buy a £50 speaker box (they don't need to be wired, you can get chargeable ones that'll retain power for hours on end). Then you can listen to music, not tinny droning noises. :roflmao:

Or a radio. You ever heard of those? :roflmao:

I have some of those. If I'm working in the garage, I can't be bothered to go and find them. Phone out, press play, get on with the spannering*.

*or hammering, usually :uhoh: