Lakeside Karting Event - Friday August 28th

jediknight83

Hello.

A long long time ago I used to arrange quite a few karting events. in the past couple of years I've been lazy and just joined onto other open races but recently I've been getting more into it again and have always wanted to race in a championship.

I've always wanted to race in club100 and be part of a championship but the costs are prohibitive for me at £175+ per race. So to keep costs low I'm aiming to run a series of races using the hire karts and raceware of each track we visit. Each race should be £65 or less.

Now this is pretty early stages at the moment so I'm just going to take it one race at a time so if you want to just race in this one event thats fine. But I'm already planning another 2 races for 2015 to make up a little mini season so if you want to race it those as well I'll make a league table.

For 2016 I want to run a season with at least 8 rounds.. but again people can just do as many races as they like, even just one single race.. but hopefully there are others out there like me who would like a fun but CHEAP championship :)

Please feel free to invite friends who you think would be interested. 

2015 Round 1 – Friday August 28th, 7pm arrival – Lakeside Karting

kart-track-lakeside.jpg?w=584

Race Format

19:00 – Arrival, Sign in, Suit up, Briefing
20:00 – 10 min Practice / Qualifying
20:15 – Race Start. 30 min sprint from a grid start
20:50 – Trophies, Lap times

Cost and Payment

The cost is £65 per driver which is payable to me as I’ve already booked and paid for the track. Please pay via the paypal link below either using your paypal account or if you don’t have an account you can pay direct with a credit or debit card

paypal-purchase-button.png?w=584

Drivers and other details are on a little blog site I made. Apologies its so basic at the moment. I'll develop it as I go along.

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions.

Nathan

I'd be up for the Lakeside one I think. Did a few seasons of a Club100 championship many years ago but a lack of talent and being too heavy to be competitive put an end to it.

We were never allowed to race at Lakeside as the karts that Club100 used were too fast for the circuit and would have taken off at one point - they did ask about doing the track in reverse but it never came about.

Some of the other tacks they used were pretty good - obviously Buckmore Park in Kent but also Rye House in Hoddesden and Whilton Mill in Northants somewhere were fun.

There was one on an industrial estate in Sittingbourne (names escapes me at the minute) that I never enjoyed as it was quite a tight, twisty circuit that didn't suit us fatties :D

Also take a look at Clay Pigeon, down in Dorset - you might get Mook and Daz out to play +++

Edit - the Sittingbourne one is Bayford Meadows. Hateful place.

Edited by Pincher

I'd be up for the Lakeside one I think. Did a few seasons of a Club100 championship many years ago but a lack of talent and being too heavy to be competitive put an end to it.

We were never allowed to race at Lakeside as the karts that Club100 used were too fast for the circuit and would have taken off at one point - they did ask about doing the track in reverse but it never came about.

Some of the other tacks they used were pretty good - obviously Buckmore Park in Kent but also Rye House in Hoddesden and Whilton Mill in Northants somewhere were fun.

There was one on an industrial estate in Sittingbourne (names escapes me at the minute) that I never enjoyed as it was quite a tight, twisty circuit that didn't suit us fatties :D

Also take a look at Clay Pigeon, down in Dorset - you might get Mook and Daz out to play +++

Edit - the Sittingbourne one is Bayford Meadows. Hateful place.

Hi there. Great that you might be racing. Lakeside is a fun track but I can see how the 2 strokes would be dangerous there. You actually very slightly take off even in the hire karts (zoomed in on a photo a mate took and there is a millimetre of light under all the tyres :) )

Don't worry about weight. There are plenty of different sizes racing. To keep things simple for the start there are no weight categories but for 2016 I'll get all the drivers weights for each round and set a LW and HW cut off so there will be two classes in each race. Winner of each class will get their next race 50% off.

Interesting to hear about bayford meadows. I've not raced there but it was certainly one I was thinking about booking. I may think twice now... or at least I'll pop down and have a practice there before booking it out completely.

Feel free to tell your mates and bring another few people with you. Its going to take a while to build up enough people who want to do the full championship.

I've "raced" with a few mates at Sittingbourne. I loved it  :roflmao: - Lots of sideways-ness, especially once the sun started setting and the temperature dropped.

I think I'll be up for this. Will have to book it in the diary and confirm once I've cleared it with the boss  +++

I've "raced" with a few mates at Sittingbourne. I loved it  :roflmao: - Lots of sideways-ness, especially once the sun started setting and the temperature dropped.

I think I'll be up for this. Will have to book it in the diary and confirm once I've cleared it with the boss  +++

Excellent. Feel free to invite a few mates as well.

Sorry. Me again.

I've got a small window where I could actually cancel this and get my money back.

Obviously I'd prefer to run the event and race but I've been surprised by the lack of response so perhaps people aren't interested so much in karting these days?

When I used to run events a few years ago the uptake was pretty fast and I always filled the grid.

Can I ask is it the Price? Venue? Race Format?

Anyway if anyone is actually interested if they can let me know ASAP otherwise as I say I'll have no option but to cancel and try to get my money back.

Regards

Nathan Willits

Another little bump.. probably the last one as it doesn't seem like anyone here is interested  :roll: 

Getting there slowly with the grid but it looks like all will be ok now and it will definitely go ahead. 8 Already paid and 4 more on that list I know are paying imminently.

If you are interested in this and have been holding off now is the time to let me know please :)

I've also put up the details of the next race which will be at Red Lodge at the end of September. The winner of that race will receive a refund of their race cost as a bit of a prize. See here for details. 

kart-track-red-lodge.jpg?w=584

List for Lakeside. Green = Paid
1. Nathan Willits
2. Mark Preston
3. Mikaela Kirby
4. Andrew Stefanczyk
5. Andy Otoo
6. Matteo Macchi
7. Grant Ashley-Smith
8. Tim Phelps
9. Neil Shaw-Smith
10. Stuart McLean
11. Anu Ogunade 
12. Katy Ogunade
13. Kesh Naidoo 
14. Clive Hill
15. Chris Pincher
16. Sally Shaw-Smith

This list will not be updated on here. Please see the website for the up to date list.
Edited by jediknight83

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...