windows 10

Waylander

Paul even my netbook managed to meet the requirements.

For my Home Premium Laptop I had to install about a zillion updates and Lo! The icon was there.

I did have to run check for updates a few times

I am now about to pick Mac's brains and good nature to try to get an inplace upgrade to a Pro/Ultimate version of Windows 7 so I can have the Pro version of Win 7 on the laptop.

I'd upgrade to Win 10 home and then buy the pro pack.

I've given  up for now

I tried to upgrade via the Media Tool iso method on my netbook.

I set the language to UK and US English on separate occasions; disabled Windows Defender

Selective startup

Every time despite this I get the prompt that display language will be reset and the install fails at 10% (the 2 might not be related but basically I can't work out why the install keeps failing)

Edited by Waylander

OSX works because it's on standardised (and overpriced hardware) hardware platform. Although certain features are only supported on post 2012 / 2011 models ... blah blah blah +++

Overpriced?  I think not.  You always get it back in the residuals.  Time and time again.

Oh and the main thing I'm bothered about are the first two words in your post - "OSX works...". +++

No Mac does when he sells them to you 

I haven't bought anything from him in over 3 years! :roflmao:

Come to think of it, everything we've bought in the last 3 years has been brand new and my own Macbook Pro is now 18 months old.  

Seriously though, you do get astonishingly good residuals on them and I was only mentioning OSX because I knew it'd provoke a response. :roflmao:

And of course Facebook doesn't go into meltdown with every iOS update.

Anyway - it'd almost be remiss to have a MS OS thread without the standard Apple refrain +++

Will see if trying again using a purely x32 iso from a different source and via usb rather than dvd works.....

And of course Facebook doesn't go into meltdown with every iOS update.

Anyway - it'd almost be remiss to have a MS OS thread without the standard Apple refrain +++

Will see if trying again using a purely x32 iso from a different source and via usb rather than dvd works.....

The only Facebook users who go into meltdown about an iOS update are all called Bazza.  Fact. :bike:

• Like 1

I'm very happy with the ease of the update and how it's been working over the last 3 days.

In fact my father asked me today whether he should or not. On the basis that it'd be me sorting it out if it goes wrong against the benefits of Win10 I told him to go for it.

Perhaps counting my chickens, but I might have cracked it.

On a whim I reset my BCD, and tried again using the iso from the link above which is in US English language and it has reached 50% so far.

Sods law will mean as I haven't set "boot from usb" in the bios it will feck up later but so far so good +++