Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cruiser647

Mk8 GTi - For Riz

21 posts in this topic

And what do Jackanory have to say on it.....?

Auto Express have been on Photoshop again....

What a horrible photoshop! :o

As much I am raving on about the Golf and R400 a small trip the to the shopping centre in my GTI with my wife, baby, buggy and very few bags put things somewhat into perspective.

Is a Golf going to be big enough for my current needs and the future..... :uhoh::o:blink::wacko:

Riz, the doubt!  Never thought I'd read that.

However, there is the Golf R Estate.......... Amazing how they have catered for YOUR future needs.  :grin:

1 person likes this

Riz, the doubt!  Never thought I'd read that. However, there is the Passat TDi Bluemotion Estate. Amazing how they have catered for YOUR future needs.  :grin:

Corrected, for ease !!

1 person likes this

I think Riz has got a Mk. 9 on order. :roflmao:

1 person likes this

I think Riz has got a Mk. 9 on order. :roflmao:

Has that now featured in AutoExpress too!?

1 person likes this

Yes, that and the ED40. +++

1 person likes this

My boy's 15 months old now and the mkV has been awesome. No idea why people get massive trucks to carry their little ones in. Babies are tiny! If we had two, would just get a roof box  :lol:

2 people like this

Not sure that's entirely legal. You should ask mumsnet. Seriously... 

4 people like this

Gotta agree with Matt - Baby number 1 necessitated buying a 150TTr in our house so the buggy would fit in the boot.

Gotta agree with Matt - Baby number 1 necessitated buying a 150TTr in our house so the buggy would fit in the boot.

I still cannot believe how small the boot is on the mk1 TT Roadster with Haldex.  You had several - last one I seem to recall was a bargain price orange 3.2 DSG?  Makes the Jag F type Roadster boot look like a Volvos

I've said it in another thread before, people who think they need to buy people carriers or estate cars when they have a baby are mental.

I used to fold a large pram down into the boot of the M3 Coupe and we'd still get two large suitcases and all kinds of other stuff in there. 

Now, the pushchairs and prams out there fold down into the footprint of the baby itself so it is even better (and they're much lighter too).  As they grow, particularly if you end up with 2 to transport around, it does become more of a challenge - but not in boot space.  The challenge is having a car big enough for them to be 30ft away from you when you're driving so you don't get deafened.:roflmao:

Jesus. Come on a trip with us. We are like the Saudi royal family when we travel anywhere. My stuff in a medium rucksack but boot and rear spare seat fulll in a Focus.