Justin Wilson IndyCar accident

Andy_Bangle

Watching the first minute or so of that video, having not read AB's description of injuries, I thought, that didn't look too bad*?

It was only when they slow-mo'd and showed what happens to the other chap after that you realise why it's so bad.

*and yes Mr P, I fully appreciate that any accident is 'bad' and that it would, I'm sure, still have hurt the chap in the yellow car rather a lot.

I've been on the organ donor list for as long as I can remember, every few years or so I sign up again just to make sure.

Opt out is a much better system, meddling family members usually not respecting the rights of the deceased cause the most problems, I have no idea why anyone would ever choose to opt out, other than stupid excuses like religion.

In memory of Justin Wilson IndyCar drivers are to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge.

CNZdjddUwAAne4G.jpg

Marco Andretti will lead a motorcade of IndyCars across San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge to honour Justin Wilson.

Set to take place at 1pm Thursday (local time), the special tribute will see Andretti drive Justin Wilson’s #25 machine across the famous bridge.

Andretti will be followed by reigning IndyCar Series champion Will Power, Graham Rahal, Josef Newgarden and the special two-seater IndyCar driven by James Hinchliffe with the championship trophy, the Astor Cup, strapped in the rear seat.

At the rear of the motorcade, which will go from the southern end of the bridge and proceed north, will be two of the Holmatro safety vehicles.

The popular Andretti Autosport driver Wilson died from head injuries a day after being struck by flying debris during Sunday’s race at Pocono.

Dale Coyne Racing will honour its former driver by running special livery on the flanks of the #19 machine to be driven by Tristan Vautier in the series finale at Sonoma this weekend.

Andretti Autosport is yet to confirm whether it will campaign Wilson’s #25 entry at Sonoma with a replacement driver.