Red Lodge 25/9 and Milton Keynes 24/10 Free Karting....

jediknight83

.... for the winner that is :) See below for details.

Hello. This is the second and third in a series of races I've organised for this year but please feel free to enter either as a one off event.

A quick bit about me. My name is Nathan and I run a detailing company called Cambridge Autogleam so am responsible for cars worth hundreds of thousands of pounds on a regular basis. I only mention this as previously some people questioned sending money for karting to an unknown person so hopefully this in some way backs up who I am and that I'm trust worthy. I've enjoyed amateur karting for many years and in the past have organised several races all of which ran successfully.

I've always wanted to race in club100 and be part of a championship but the costs are prohibitive for me at £175+ per race. So to keep costs low I'm aiming to run a series of races using the hire karts and raceware of each track we visit. The aim is that each race should be £65 or less and as i build relationships with the various tracks I hope that I can bring the cost down.

As I've started this late in 2015 there will only be 3 races this year. Lakeside - Red Lodge - Daytona Milton Keynes.

Over the winter I will be planning the 2016 season which I'll plan to start in March or April and will run for around 8 rounds with one race per month. As with this year, people wishing to only enter one or two races are still welcome, but I'm hoping to have a core of at least 10 drivers who will race at all the events.

I've created a little blog site with all the details of all the races here.

There is also a mailing list you can be added to and I email round now and again with updates as I don't plan on advertising every single race on the forums. Please email [email protected] if you wish to be added to that. Emails are sent BCC so your address is never disclosed and you can request to be removed at any time.

And lastly there is a Facebook page which you can like and keep up with the updates that way if you prefer.

facebook.png 

Now onto these particular races.

2015 Round 2 – Friday September 25th, 7pm arrival – Red Lodge Karting

kart-track-red-lodge.jpg

Race Format

19:00 – Arrival, Sign in, Suit up, Briefing

19:30 – 10 min Practice / Qualifying

19:45 – Race Start. 30 min sprint from a grid start

20:20 – Trophies, Lap times

Cost and Payment

The winner of this race will race for free!!

Only drivers paying before September 1st will qualify for this prize. The race cost will be refunded to the winner of the race within 24 hrs of the race finishing.

The cost is £47 per driver which is payable to me not to the track. Please pay via the PayPal link below. Through this link you can then either pay via your PayPal account or, using the link just under the account login, from a credit or debit card.

The link works equally as well from a mobile, tablet or desktop computer.

paypal-purchase-button.png

The drivers list, circuit address, google maps link to the circuit and other details are on a little blog site I made. Apologies its so basic at the moment. I'll develop it as I go along.

2015 Round 3 – Saturday October 24th, 3pm arrival – Daytona Milton Keynes

Now depending on feedback.. I could always change this to the Friday 23rd at 7pm to match the other races. Please advise which would suit you best

kart-track-mk-daytona1.jpg?w=584

Race Format

15:00 – Arrival, Sign in, Suit up, Briefing

15:45 – 10 min Practice / Qualifying

16:00 – Race Start. 30 min sprint from a grid start

16:35 – Trophies, Lap times

Cost and Payment

The winner of this race will race for free!!

Only drivers paying before September 26th will qualify for this prize. The race cost will be refunded to the winner of the race within 24 hrs of the race finishing.

The cost is £60 per driver which is payable to me not to the track. Please pay via the PayPal link below. Through this link you can then either pay via your PayPal account or, using the link just under the account login, from a credit or debit card.

The drivers list, circuit address, google maps link to the circuit and other details are on a little blog site I made. Apologies its so basic at the moment. I'll develop it as I go along.

Thank you and feel free to ask any questions.

Nathan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

One week remaining until Round 2 at Red Lodge and there are currently 8 spaces remaining. Remember you are welcome to race at this event as a one off even if you didn’t race at Round 1- Lakeside.

The full details and payment details can be found on this link

I will also be asking Red Lodge if they are running an open arrive and drive session just before our race incase anyone wants to arrive early for a quick practice. Details will be forwarded to the confirmed drivers.

Thank you.

Nathan Willits

Right.. the big one. Milton Keynes. 

The date has changed! In fact if someone can please change the title to "Milton Keynes Daytona Karting - Oct 17th. Free Karting..."

30 spaces to fill.

10 min qualifying / 30 min race

The winner will receive a full refund of his / her race fee when they make their payment before midnight on Sept 26th.

I'd really appreciate quick responses and payments for those who want to race. Its a lot of people to book for so I need to know quite quickly how many spaces I still need to try to fill.

Full details on the link below.

Hope some of you can make it :)

Nathan

Edited by jediknight83

Quick lunchtime bump for anyone that has missed this at all (last time I thought I'd advertised it enough, yet there were 2 people who saw it on the day of the race and the race was full by then)

Sad reality is that if I don't get a sudden big response today I will have to cancel this race. So if you've seen this and thought 'that looks fantastic I'll definitely race' but your holding off paying, please let me know NOW. Even if you don't pay immediately, it will be VERY helpful to know how many interested people I've got.

If the race does get cancelled then anyone that has already paid will be refunded in full immediately, so please don't let this put you off confirming. The more people that can confirm or show a strong interest today, the better the chance of this race still going ahead.

Many thanks

Nathan Willits

Good morning.

Round 2 was run at Red Lodge last night. Brilliant anti-clockwise track and we will definitely be back there next year. Mat Crowe won his race fee back and got the clean sweep of Pole, Race Win and Fastest Lap. The race results and updated championship table are now online.

Looking forwards to Round 3 again now. 

To recap the details.

Round 3 - Milton Keynes - 17th October 2015, 4pm

kart-track-mk-daytona1.jpg

Payment deadline for the 'Race for Free' prize is midnight TONIGHT (Sept 26th). The race cost will be refunded to the winner of the race within 24 hrs of the race finishing.

The cost is £60 per driver which is payable to me via the paypal link below. Through this link you can then either pay via your paypal account or, using the link just under the account login, from a credit or debit card.

The current drivers list is available to see on the website along with all the location and time details.

Many thanks

Nathan Willits

• 2 weeks later...