Got asked if I wanted to test a unique car today...

Rachel

I can't recall, do you have any children, nephews, etc?

The sun god is hungry for human sacrifice.

Sate it's hunger and the car will be yours.........

How did it sound?  Is the 'normal' 6.3 V8 lurking under there?

How did it sound?

Oh, what's it called?

How did it sound?

Don't suppose Porsche will be happy.

Edited by cruiser647

I went for a spin round the block in one of these on Monday night. A friend and neighbour works for MB and took it home for the night. No pics I'm afraid as left my phone in my coat at his house.

The carbon seats (and interior in general) were stunning and the noise - oh wow. The wheels were crap though if I'm being picky.

The sun god is hungry for human sacrifice.

Sate it's hunger and the car will be yours.........

How did it sound?  Is the 'normal' 6.3 V8 lurking under there?

How did it sound?

Oh, what's it called?

How did it sound?

Don't suppose Porsche will be happy.

Mercedes-AMG  AMG GT S

twin "hot V" turbo - the new 4.0l M178 motor (IIRC) which is dry sumped.  Same power output as the C63S I drove a couple of weekends ago which is the wet sumped version (M177).

Both are 503/510hp and 650/700Nm (depending on who you believe - the figures seem to vary).  In the real world - they are FAST, FAST, FAST cars.

Noise is by trick exhaust with a loud button (like a Porsche) in both cars and sounds angrier than my Einsmann sport exhaust on the C63 Coupe.  Just like the A/CLA/GLA baby AMGs, the exhaust crackles and pops and bangs and farts on every upshift and downshift is S+, Race or Manual - which I actually started to get tired of pretty quickly.  You only get upshift cracks and downshift bangs on mine when driving it "enthusiasticaly" and not for every gear change.