Tut...Tut...Tut...

Cuprabob

It's interesting that there seems to be minimal media coverage of the Mitsubishi issue - the whole world was going to end when VW got busted in the US.  Has it turned into a case of "well they're all at it anyway" or is it because it's "only the Japanese market" (which it isn't any more)?

Testing is due to change fairly soon. The annoying thing is that the manufacturers have been given longer to meet the current standards under the new test. So in all likelihood it will be a good while before the current standards are met under the new test which seems a complete farce to me but maybe when the new results start coming out market forces will come to bare. 

But I doubt it especially as from next year nobody will care about the C02 emissions as they won't drive the tax on cars anymore so it will most likely be less of factor not more. 

It's interesting that there seems to be minimal media coverage of the Mitsubishi issue - the whole world was going to end when VW got busted in the US.  Has it turned into a case of "well they're all at it anyway" or is it because it's "only the Japanese market" (which it isn't any more)?

I suspect it was because the models affected were two Japan only models the rest of the world doesn't get.

The VW thing was on worldwide models.

I'm surprised more isn't being made of the report I mentioned above, not a single vehicle from any manufacturer passed the tests.

I'm surprised more isn't being made of the report I mentioned above, not a single vehicle from any manufacturer passed the tests.

Does that include the Bavarian Master Wonkers models as well?

Seem to recall that a lot of mention was made on this thread previously?

Something along the lines that they were all emitting colourless odourless wonderful stuff from their tail pipes, unlike those awful smoked saveloy scoffing and newcy broon necking feckers at VAG who were gassing us all to death :coffee:  

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't that old news?? I thought that had been known for a good while now.

As far as I'm aware, to date VW were the only ones accused of using a "cheat" device / software to pass the tests.

The other manufacturers passed the test but in the real world were much higher.

Edited by Cuprabob

• 5 months later...

Now Audi Petrol engines have been found with 'cheat software' :secret:

Volkswagen confirmed over the weekend that US and European regulators have been investigating emissions irregularities in petrol-engine cars made by Audi, its luxury unit.

The investigations focus on Audi vehicles that are not part of the diesel emissions scandal — involving 11m cars worldwide — that the German carmaker admitted to in September 2015.

A VW spokesman said regulators have been examining emissions discrepancies between on-road and test-lab conditions among Audi cars, but he said the issue was not new and simply needed to be clarified.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-emissions-audi-idUKKBN1370Q3

I read in the paper that VW might defend legal challenges in the EU saying it was a grey area that they were guilty of avoiding any emissions standards and are highly unlikely to compensate anyone in the EU as a result. 

Either way they haven't come out of it smell of roses lets face it.