Malaysia GP - The Penultimate Race

JonC

The battle between Rossi and Lorenzo this weekend will be spectacular no doubt. Rossi has good form at Sepang, but with 11 points in it, Lorenzo has to bin it here (at least he has more control over the red mist descending than Marquez - shame he's out of the running) for Rossi to secure overall victory. Personally, I hope it goes all the way to Valencia to decide the Champion, but either way, this weekend and the 8th are going to make for compulsive viewing. Bring it on.

He's no Rossi in personality (take note Stoner), nor has the charisma of Marquez, but I'm happy for either Rossi or Lorenzo (especially as I ride a Yamaha) to claim the overall victory, but I reckon Lorenzo will have it (just) on the day.

It's been a brilliant season and ending it with Lorenzo and Rossi fighting it out is the icing on the cake.  Personally I hope Rossi does it - as Bob said, at his age and after so many wrote him off it would be a staggering achievement. 

I think Rossi needs to win in Malaysia and create enough of a gap to finish third in Valencia and take the title.  I can see Lorenzo winning in Valencia by a country mile and I worry that Rossi might not have enough (at that particular track) to come second.  Marquez won't give a hoot about ruining it for either of them so if he can keep it upright he might shock everyone and win in Valencia leaving a right old mess behind him!

I am in the US this weekend and not sure if BT Sport will work online whilst not in the UK.  Does anyone know?

I am in the US this weekend and not sure if BT Sport will work online whilst not in the UK.  Does anyone know?

What are you going to use to watch it?  If it's an iPad then the BT Sport app needs access to your location so that won't work even with a VPN.  If you deny it access to location services then it'll refuse to run.

If you're going to use a laptop then it should work fine, I've watched a couple of MotoGP races that way whilst out of the country.

I respect Lorenzo but I don't like him at all. He seems a moody, arrogant twat. A brilliant rider but not someone I warm too.

Oh yeah, he's massively arrogant.  But he's also one of the most technically skilled riders I think the world has seen.  Nobody, not even Rossi has the level of consistency that Lorenzo does, it's quite staggering how he's able to do lap times within a gnats cock of each other.  When Lorenzo is on form I don't think there's a better rider out that at the moment.

Nobody has the personality or popularity that Rossi has, I can't see anyone ever having it to be honest.

Nobody, not even Rossi has the level of consistency that Lorenzo does, it's quite staggering how he's able to do lap times within a gnats cock of each other.  When Lorenzo is on form I don't think there's a better rider out that at the moment.

+++

It's worse than that. The Spanish don't warm to him either as he is from Majorca.

As Marquez is out of the running (shame), I'm sure they'll re-group their allegiance if and when he takes the championship :lol: 

What are you going to use to watch it?  If it's an iPad then the BT Sport app needs access to your location so that won't work even with a VPN.  If you deny it access to location services then it'll refuse to run.

If you're going to use a laptop then it should work fine, I've watched a couple of MotoGP races that way whilst out of the country.

It'll be via a laptop so am hoping it'll work fine.  I read about the app needing to use the device GPS in order to run - sneaky, sneaky!!

Edited by Busby

So then, opinions please!

I knew it was going to end in tears between Rossi and Marquez. In my opinion that was 100% Rossi's fault and he should get disqualified from the race.

Rossi wasn't at all happy with Marquez but sorry, it's a race. You don't get special treatment because you're Rossi and you're fighting for a championship.