Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AudiPartner

Which A6 did I see yesterday?

13 posts in this topic

So I saw an A6 estate yesterday, C6 era, and it looked really tidy so potentially a 2010 car... but it looked much nice than your average A6 (which lets face it, is boring). I remembered there being a "Le Mans" edition but having Googled it, I don't think it's that.

Reason I ask is a friend of mine announced today he wants an A6, so obviously I want to try and find him a nice one. 

Any ideas?

According to Wikiknoweverythingabouteverything, there are 7 (C6) petrol variations and 3 diesel, with a further 5 facelift petrol models and a further 4 facelift diesel offerings. 1 down, 18 to go...

Edited by JonC

Give us a clue. Why did it look nicer.

Normally when I think a car looks nicer it tends to be "body kit" for want of a better word.

This one may have had some sort of mouldings on the lower section of the doors, and it definitely had some sort of protrusion on the rear bumper, i think it was the at the bottom of the bumper, just above the rear diffuser.

So why not the C6 allroad. In its lowest suspension setting it looks like a body kitted A6.

It was also available with body coloured mouldings and big wheels.

I was going to say similar.  I've seen an All Road with body coloured kit and it caught my eye without me realising what it actually was for a good while (I was alongside it and then behind it on the M1).  I remember thinking it looked quite aggressive, yet as soon as you see one with the mouldings in black/grey, it looks like a completely different car.

I just had a look at the colour coded Allroad and at first thought "blast, Jimdiesel was right" but actually I'm still not convinced.

But yeah, how much better does the colour coded one look??? 

Always thought the A6 Avant was a great looking car - that's why i had a 2010 version for a couple of years. Think Le Mans just added different wheels to the standard s-line and bit more poke for the standard 2.0 diesel.

Only reason i sold mine was its high miles and wanting an auto. Does look good with the bigger wheels, my 18's were a little lost in the arches!

IMG_2387_zpsad8e1c78.jpg

IMG_2385_zps743808d2.jpg

My A6 avant was silver with the Votex kit fitted to it. 

That transformed the looks of it. Maybe it was that?