Bugatti Chiron

Scotty

There's a significant difference between the cars Woppum owns and a 2 million Euro car.

At today's rates 2M euro is a tad under £1.5M, the only used 918 Spyder on Pistonheads that isn't POA is priced at £1.4M so...........?

More interesting for me is the performance figures - the Veyron did more or less 260 mph with 1,200bhp - call me a cynic but when drag increases as it does with speed, getting an extra 30mph at the top end with only 300bhp extra seems massively optimistic?

• Like 1

He is a bloke who chased cars around London and now seems to have some "friends" who have some rather expensive motors who let him make cringeworthy videos of him being driven in them.

There was a huge thread on Pheads tearing him to bits which he defended himself in. I don't care for his videos myself but wouldn't mind his garage.

So let me get this right. He shoots videos of the exotic metal in prime central London, posts it on YouTube where it receives millions of hits, and YT pay him (essentially for the traffic that's driven to their site) the sum of money that allows him to buy a super car on an annual basis?

So let me get this right. He shoots videos of the exotic metal in prime central London, posts it on YouTube where it receives millions of hits, and YT pay him (essentially for the traffic that's driven to their site) the sum of money that allows him to buy a super car on an annual basis?

How's that for a business model!

So he's a basically just bit of an overexcited twat, then, who likes cars?  The only difference is that he's managed to make some money that way, instead of pi55ing it away at an alarming rate. 

I was interested that the advert which played before the video was (a) one of the ones you can't dismiss after a few seconds and (b) for a Peugeot.  Kind of said it all. 

• Like 1

So he's a basically just bit of an overexcited twat, then, who likes cars? The only difference is that he's managed to make some money that way, instead of pi55ing it away at an alarming rate.

I was interested that the advert which played before the video was (a) one of the ones you can't dismiss after a few seconds and (b) for a Peugeot. Kind of said it all.

Don't worry - lots of the Peugeot adverts have "you will not own this car" in the financial blurb. Thank F For that!

• Like 1

I was interested that the advert which played before the video was (a) one of the ones you can't dismiss after a few seconds and (b) for a Peugeot. Kind of said it all.

I got a Skoda ad!

Thing is, while we might all sit here and make fun of his videos, we aren't his target audience, most stuff on YouTube, certainly the stuff that makes big money, is aimed at pre/young teens isn't it? The ones that have the time to watch countless hours of YT.

In which case, his overexcited demeanour is spot on.

The bloke who earns the most on YouTube simply posts up videos of himself playing Minecraft, Dan TDM I think he calls himself, how I wish I could earn millions a year just to play games I like!

We let a property to a bloke who's sole income is almost all from YouTube, he plays Call of Duty or similar games and just posts up the edited footage, he also does a bit of teaching on the side, not school teaching, but teaching people remotely how to play such games.

We had to credit check him and he's earning well over 50k a year from it, and that's before you count the 'gifts' his viewers send him, when he got married, someone he'd never met or even spoke to paid for the wedding in it's entirety, someone else bought him a new BMW and there were countless smaller gifts.

He's a nice chap too, good luck to em I say, thing is, most of them never started on YouTube expecting to make any money at all, they did it because they enjoyed it, there was no money from YT when they started, but then things changed, YT started paying based on traffic and they inadvertently found themselves earning big money.

• Like 1

I got a Skoda ad!

Thing is, while we might all sit here and make fun of his videos, we aren't his target audience, most stuff on YouTube, certainly the stuff that makes big money, is aimed at pre/young teens isn't it? The ones that have the time to watch countless hours of YT.

In which case, his overexcited demeanour is spot on.

The bloke who earns the most on YouTube simply posts up videos of himself playing Minecraft, Dan TDM I think he calls himself, how I wish I could earn millions a year just to play games I like!

We let a property to a bloke who's sole income is almost all from YouTube, he plays Call of Duty or similar games and just posts up the edited footage, he also does a bit of teaching on the side, not school teaching, but teaching people remotely how to play such games.

We had to credit check him and he's earning well over 50k a year from it, and that's before you count the 'gifts' his viewers send him, when he got married, someone he'd never met or even spoke to paid for the wedding in it's entirety, someone else bought him a new BMW and there were countless smaller gifts.

He's a nice chap too, good luck to em I say, thing is, most of them never started on YouTube expecting to make any money at all, they did it because they enjoyed it, there was no money from YT when they started, but then things changed, YT started paying based on traffic and they inadvertently found themselves earning big money.

You say we're not his target audience, yet people on here have watched them.  In doing so, whilst you've not earned him revenue if you've not clicked, you've increased the exposure of his channel either directly or indirectly.

The Diamond Minecart is not YT's highest earning vlogger.  That is PewDiePie.  He earned around £7.8m last year.  TDM's earning are nowhere near that (less than £1.5m, as if that isn't enough!).

However, I don't know where you've heard that YouTube pays for views and not ad clicks.  It does not.  If a million people view your video, you'll not earn a penny.  Nor do they pay based on subscriber volume.  The only revenue model on YouTube is the small percentage a publisher receives from ad clicks.  Everything else is nothing more than an urban myth or someone telling you porkies.

YouTube may pay a vlogger to be an ambassador or high-end partner for which there may be a revenue benefit.  May be.

EDITED TO ADD:  On that last line I've written about ambassadors etc - I know of 12.  Out of those, 3 are British and none of them are paid a penny.  That is how rare it is.  If YouTube decide to invite you to an ambassador event, you're not going to need money - it comes rolling in from ad clicks.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

PewDiePie, yes that's the one, my son watches both, he essentially does the same thing as Dan TDM, there are so many of them doing it it's hard to keep up some times, every now and again I overhear someone swearing and have to make him stop the video, although to be fair, he tends to stop viewing and unsubscribe himself as soon as he hears any naughty words.

With regards to how the revenue is earned, the point of my post wasn't about the specifics of how that's done, more the fact that there are some people earning very good money from it, nothing to do with urban myths or porkie pies, just not something I'm particularly worried about learning the specifics of.

Edited by Tipex