HotUKDeals Audi A7

cruiser647

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/brand-new-audi-a7-sportback-3-0-tdi-executive-s-tronic-auto-save-12-783-off-rrp-2378803

Chap here had a quick look out of curiosity - he added a 'select few' options  :roflmao:   and nearly doubled the price!

It is the non-quattro version, but still a lot of car.

The other day, they had a deal for the A8!

I have seen an S8 deal very similar to that. Lot of car for the money.

Think new car sales are drying up. I have a dealer taking three cars from Birmingham to Manchester next week to demo to a client. He only wants to buy one!

£33k list 1 Series (which in itself is madness) done 950 miles on BMW Used car locator for £27k dealt at £23500!

Yes windscreen price £27k. I told the dealer the client had a budget of £23500 and that was all he could go to.

They counter offered a couple of times and I said that is all that is available and they caved eventually. No part exchange as he is handing back a company lease car. Financed through me not bmw finance.

There are LOADS of 1 Series that are ex bmw staff cars on the locator and there are loads more due at the end of Feb so I think bmw must have dropped the price that they want for the cars as the dealer wouldn't have that much in it to give away

What sort of discount would you be aiming for on a slightly used Ford, let's say for example, a Galaxy up for 20k, what would be the target price at a Ford dealer?

The Galaxy seems to hold its value pretty well unfortunately, but there is a brand new model out, so something 1-2 years old.

I'd love to buy a brand new one but it just doesn't make sense as a taxi, that and the fact you are looking at nearly 40k for the spec I'd want! :eek:

Is all this BMW nonsense tied with the the current BMW VIP promo that we have been invited from today till Monday (valued customers only of course :P )

'We can offer unrepetable discounted prices on new and nearly new stock, all over and above any manager specials......'

Sh1t, even I might buy another BMW if the offers are 'that' good.

Will they run to offers on a 1M ????????

Booster,

my Golf GTI PCP ends this coming December, having bought my GTI on one of the better PCP deals (apparently better GFV than current PCP deals) I was just going to hold out until Dec and trade it in to take advantage of the better GFV.

Would that be the best route or would I be better off trying  to get a replacement now and push for a good deal? :)

Isn't that Macs way of buying cars?  Opening line "My budget is X, I just want to check I'm not wasting my time and yours by coming to view and test drive" etc

Pretty much. Trick is not to be in a hurry, don't be 'invested' in the car car (there's always other ones), and to start at the beginning of the month. Last two purchases they've caved in the last week of the month, and I've pretty much gotten what I've asked for. I'm sure there's probably better, more thought out, strategies - but it's been pretty succesful for me, saving me approaching 10k on two purchases against list.

• Like 1

Booster,

my Golf GTI PCP ends this coming December, having bought my GTI on one of the better PCP deals (apparently better GFV than current PCP deals) I was just going to hold out until Dec and trade it in to take advantage of the better GFV.

Would that be the best route or would I be better off trying  to get a replacement now and push for a good deal? :)

Find out what your settlement figure is and then go from there. It will all depend on what they are willing to give you for your car. Don't forget that the GFV is only valid at the end of the contract and they can give you what they like if you break the contract by leaving the deal early.

• Like 1

Pretty much. Trick is not to be in a hurry, don't be 'invested' in the car car (there's always other ones), and to start at the beginning of the month. Last two purchases they've caved in the last week of the month, and I've pretty much gotten what I've asked for. I'm sure there's probably better, more thought out, strategies - but it's been pretty succesful for me, saving me approaching 10k on two purchases against list.

Does or can that same principle work on 2nd hand dealers?

Does or can that same principle work on 2nd hand dealers?

I think Mac was refering to used or 'stock' cars.

Cheers for your reply Mac, this definitely a strategy to try, I think you said before you'd done this on your last four cars and it worked everytime.  One of my friends who chops and changes every 6 to 12 months similarly says he never buys a car after the test drive.  Always makes a low bid and then continues negotiation afterwards.  As you mention Mac, not getting 'attached' to the car helps.  Might not work so well with a px, but for a straight purchase I think this method is worth adopting

Yes - I wouldn't buy new, just don't see the point. I'm also not that fussy about spec which probably makes this strategy easier! I've not touched EDC on either of my cars for example, other than to play...so honestly, I couldn't give a toss if it had it or not. Couple of core options, rest are nice to haves.

It's certainly worked on the last two M3s I've had. I can't even boggle what I had before! I think I had a drop top E46? Only bought that cos I LOVED the shape/colour combo, and it was sunny. Still do love that shape, I think it's epic.