BMW i3

dazdot

My nephew bought home an i3 last night, he works at a bmw dealership. My first thoughts are that it is an awful looking car inside and out. It seems overly complicated to start and set off driving, but this would obviously this would become second nature if driven daily. It rides very well, is very twitchy on corners at speed (which it would be with narrow tyres) but it goes like a little rocket. There was very little need to use the brakes at anytime, as the engine and regeneration braking seemed to do it all for you. If you timed your throttle right you would never need to use the brake pedal again.

I have changed my mind about this car, i originally disliked it. If i was in the market for a car to do 60 mile round trips or less, then this would be a serious contender. As a city car it would be fantastic, free car parking spaces and cheap running/fuel costs.

• Like 2

It certainly a good starting point, I'd like to see BMW do something between the i3 and the i8 as both are a little small or too expensive for me. 

But they would do very well for my daily commute. If they did a 3 series or 5 series that wasn't a saloon as a hybrid I may be very interested as well, sadly nothing has appear other than the 2 series and the wife has one of those. 

I tried one for a good while last autumn at the BMW day I did at Thruxton.  I hated it with a vengeance. 

Previously, I had been wondering about pointing Mrs P in that direction last time she changed car.  We turned up at the dealership and there was one on display on the forecourt.  "Ah", I thought, "I could guide her towards that, see what she thinks of it".  As those thoughts went through my mind, I heard her shout "WHAT. IS. THAT???".  OK, maybe not, X1 it is then... :coffee: