911R

Woppum

Thanks Ian. Personally I think its expensive for what you get however as they have developed a bespoke manual box for the car maybe that's where the costs come in. It is now live on the Porsche German website and is a few k euros more than the RS. When you put the two together I would think the RS will look more. That said 500bhp and a manual 1400kg with driver and fluids will be epic and a great addition to the Turbo S and the RS. Apparently a GT2RS due out next year too. Would make quite a collection. Lets see where this goes though. I think there is a fair chance I can get one, I'm high up the list but all depends on how Porsche UK decide to allocate. In the past they like to spread them round the country and big hitters can be very different depending on where you go. there could be someone at another dealership that gets one that has bought way less cars than me if that's how they try and allocate. I am hoping PGB look at their own big hitter list before they allocate to independent dealers. Lets see. fingers, toes, dick and balls crossed.

• Like 2

I am 100% sure this car will be epic to drive.

I am sure you will be 150% happy with it.

But I am sorry, from the outsiders viewpoint it is JUST (yet) another 911.

Sorry, but, it just doesn't excite me.

Edited by E-bmw

..........still waiting to hear...... lol

No news is good news, its not a no at least. 

When they call do you think they will say. 

So you asked for a 911R we have the answer.... very long pause

You have been allocated the car. 

Nope :(

Wow!  I am genuinely shocked by that.  With having bought a 918 on the second hand market, having the Turbo S, sending a truck load of extra business their way and then going through the epic RS build.

What the hell have you got to do to get an allocation?  The most stupid thing is that (like the RS) these will be on Pistonheads before they are even built. 

Nope :(

Gutting and frustrating no doubt. Sorry to hear that.

What the hell have you got to do to get an allocation? 

What is involved? Is each potential customer reviewed on their ability to make future limited edition purchases, as well as their purchasing history, or do they have a certain profile and a preferred geographical location of their buyers? How many of the limited run have been allocated to the UK? Exactly how loyal does a customer need to be? 

Edited by JonC

the trouble is Guildford only got 2 cars. They sold 6 918's from memory. My friend got one of the cars and is a massive porschaholic, he beats me plus there is another customer there who is a very big hitter. only 30 cars for the while of the uk yet the USA get well over 200. Whilst i am disappointed its not the end of the world. I am incredibly fortunate to have some lovely cars and to be honest for me at least a turbo s as a daily and a dream custom rs for track gives me all the 911 I need. There will be a GT2RS coming next year though and because i missed out on the R i should/would hope i will be in line for that. I hold no grudges with my dealer, i felt sorry for him when i got the call and told him not to worry. Porsche with these limited numbers put dealers in just an impossible situation. Its almost ridiculous Porsche don't understand that. In fact even after i reassured him and told him not to worry i didn't feel comfortable so i sent him a text last night telling him not to worry its just a toy - to which he replied that he really appreciated.

In the meantime i am working on a very juicy px but my lips and fingers are sealed until deal done... ;)

Having read your RS thread I am genuinely surprised.

As you say it's not the dealer or Porsche GB's fault, it's down to the factory and I think there will be a lot of unhappy bunnies out there. The good thing is that it does show the factory that there is still the desire for a powerful, naturally aspirated, manual sports car; hopefully that will filter down to other 911's. The trouble is what with emmisions regulations and the turbo charging of the Carrera it might mean that they are only ever going to be GT limited production models and the enevitable 'bum' fight ;)

Still, the halo of the R might help reduce the depreciation curve of one the last and most powerful natural aspirated Carerra models with a manual transmission....:)

and as you say, I'm sure having a Turbo S and custom RS helps too +++

• Like 1