View new content.....or not!

Woppum

For literally months now when i press View New Content i get hit by - "No New Content" which is obviously absolute hogwash! Its a right pain in the arse i never know whats going within this forum besides my own infrequent thread because of it. Does it work for everyone else?

Wopps are you using an IPad?

If so throw it away :)

The new content button seems to sleep most of the time. I tend to click on any post that wakes up the server, exit from that and then (maybe) when you hit the new content button the system might stir in to life.

Sometimes, maybe.

Doesn't seem to be a problem on a desktop, just on my iPad Air and the iPhone 6.

Depends where you click view new content from. If you're not seeing anything try clicking on Forums at the top, then view new content again. If that doesn't work, you might need to clear your cache and/or log out and in again...?  (But don't log out unless you know your password... :P )

There is only one view new content button i can see and its top right of the page? Cache???? 

There is only one view new content button i can see and its top right of the page? Cache???? 

Yes, there's only one view new content button - but the new content it displays seems to depend on what page you click it from.  For example, if you hit the new content button from your profile page it shows new members rather than new posts.  If that happens, you need to click on Forums so that when you then hit the new content button it searches for new posts.

I think. :uhoh:

Cache as in clearing internet history and cookies. That's a last resort though (and it may not solve the problem) - it's a real pain in the arse because it logs you out of everything...

Yes, there's only one view new content button - but the new content it displays seems to depend on what page you click it from.  For example, if you hit the new content button from your profile page it shows new members rather than new posts.  If that happens, you need to click on Forums so that when you then hit the new content button it searches for new posts.

I think. :uhoh:

Cache as in clearing internet history and cookies. That's a last resort though (and it may not solve the problem) - it's a real pain in the arse because it logs you out of everything...

i see. its like that on every page for me....

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.