F1 2016 Season

Cuprabob

• 3 weeks later...

The radio comms clamp down has gone way too far. Yes it wasn't great when they were getting coached but I never found that a detractor personally. 

Before radio messages were a good addition to the racing, now they hardly seem to exist and are only serving to be a detractor. 

We probably did miss a fair bit of the comms in the past as many teams would put a C bomb or similar into the transmission so it didn't make it to TV but I think even that was stopped and for good reason to be fair. 

Just put it back to how it was so we can concentrate on the racing, yesterday was a boring procession on the whole but lets face it racing has been getting better in the mid field for a good while now. 

I never had an issue with any of the radio messages to do with the car - brake temps, fuel usage, etc.  

However, I've never liked the messages about who is quicker than you on track and where they are making that time up versus you.  All of these messages are still allowed though which I think detracts from the racing far more than being told how to manage a extremely complicated piece of machinery in a better way.

If somebody is ten seconds behind you and gaining a second a lap then I think you should only know about that by either looking in your mirrors (once they are close enough!) or reading your pit board each lap.  

• Like 1

I always tune in to see the start and the first 5 laps. I wait until the teams tell the drivers to preserve their fuel and manage their tyres (5 laps) then go and do something else. 

When I left it was

1. Lewis

2. Max

3. Ric 

4. Ros 

5. Seb 

6. Kimi

2 hours later I check the results. Max and the Aussie bloke had changed positions and I had a productive 2 hours  

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, burble said:

It's an interesting listen.  I didn't realise the circumstances under which Schumacher got the drive at Jordan.

Although I can remember the day, I too didn't know the back story behind it. The insights from the likes of Gary Anderson and Pat Symonds are really interesting.

A news report I saw this morning said  minus 30 places but it only applies to this race so it's back of the grid. I guess that's like a prisoner being sentenced to 200 years in jail rather than 100.

Edited by Scotty