Cuprabob

F1 2016 Season

223 posts in this topic

Interesting. Great for Max!

Somewhat alarmed that Mercedes feel they have to deny suggestions they are favouring Rosberg. Typical online bullshit from the #blessed one's fans.

That seems massively harsh to me.  Yes, Kvyat fecked up in Russia but he had a great race in China.  Vettel was right to throw his toys out of the pram in Russia but I saw nothing wrong in what Kvyat did in China.

I think Red Bull were looking for an excuse to put Verstappen in a Red Bull.

Indeed seems harsh as he has been driving well, I guess if your face doesn't fit...

Or as has been suggested they are doing this now to try and keep Max and persuade him not to go to Ferrari in a year or two. 

As for the Merc thing and the press release, it does seem a bit daft that they feel they have to defend what has happened but good I guess that we find out that they aren't as invincible as many think. Personally at the moment I don't really care who is winning as long as the team that is winning is being challenged and lets face it they aren't at the moment. 

Still there seems to be plenty of good racing further down the field which is good to see, you don't actually end up seeing much Merc in the coverage at all. :grin:

I think ot's a bit harsh too but it will be good to see how Max gets on in Red Bull.

I guess the Mercedes conspiracy theories come about because the mechanics were swapped over for this season.

100% agree with this, just the excuse they needed.

I guess the Mercedes conspiracy theories come about because the mechanics were swapped over for this season.

I did wonder when the theorists would make 2 + 2 = 5 (not saying you are C) and make it equate to Rosberg being favoured.

That seems massively harsh to me.  Yes, Kvyat fecked up in Russia but he had a great race in China.  Vettel was right to throw his toys out of the pram in Russia but I saw nothing wrong in what Kvyat did in China.

100% agree with this, just the excuse they needed.

I agree completely with this too.  I don't think Kvyat could have done anything about the second impact with Vettel anyway - if you are half a car length behind someone in a flat out corner and they lift off then you are going to hit them.

Vettel said he lifted out of it half way through the corner as he started thinking his car might be damaged from the first impact and didn't want to risk it.  How the hell is Kvyat meant to account for that?  Seb's view seemed to be that Kvyat should've realised that might happen!

More evidence that Marko and Matschitz just do whatever they want - I can't imagine working in that environment to be all that pleasant.  Certainly seems a far cry from the smiling faces and dance music in the pit lane when Seb was winning title after title for them.

If you speak to Webber, he will tell you that Marko has been like that all along.

I just hope Carlos Saint Jnr doesn't get overlooked.

More evidence that Marko and Matschitz just do whatever they want 

Like we needed any!

They have always been like that, as above ask any previous team member.

I'm reading Webbers book at the moment and just getting to the RedBull elements of his career will be interested to see what it has to say!

Like we needed any!

True enough!!

Young Max certainly didn't look too out of place today with his qualification in 4th place.

It would be ironic if Vettel wiped him out at the start tomorrow with him being right behind him on the grid.

1 person likes this

Uh oh, there may be trouble ahead......  :o  :roflmao: 

impetuous

ɪmˈpɛtjʊəs/

adjective

See Lewis Hamilton

Synonyms Nico Rosberg

Will be interesting to see what the stewards decide. Possible penalty for Rosberg although I can't say I know the letter of the rules.

Worth noting Hamilton is on two reprimands already. A third would see him facing a penalty too.

I think we're going to see Max on the top step quite often in the coming years.

Result. How much more interesting is F1 without Mercedes! :roflmao:

1 person likes this

I loved the bit where the media were clamouring to see the whole (pretty much) of Mercedes team management following the drivers up to the naughty step!

More evidence that Marko and Matschitz just do whatever they want - I can't imagine working in that environment to be all that pleasant.  Certainly seems a far cry from the smiling faces and dance music in the pit lane when Seb was winning title after title for them.

Additionally, more evidence that maybe they just might know what they are doing after all!

At a stroke both teams & all drivers are freshly invigorated (or in fear of their jobs) and doing better.

Accidentally being totally wiped out in lap 1 is actually a sign of a superb racing driver :coffee:

3 people like this

I don't know who wrote the script but it was a good one.:-)

Nice touch by Alonso greeting Max in Parc Ferme and congratulating him on his maiden win.

Edited by Cuprabob

I think we're going to see Max on the top step quite often in the coming years.

This!

Incredible.