F1 2016 Season

Cuprabob

18 years old with 3 former World Champion drivers in his wake....

In the post-race interview Kimi was asked about ‘youngest versus oldest’, Raikkonen revealed the crazy stat that he actually raced against Max Verstappen’s father, Jos, afer all he is now the oldest driver in F1.

(FB video below)

https://www.facebook.com/Kimi7Iceman/videos/1089761191069485/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the race - I love watching the Monaco GP but it's rarely a good/interesting race.

It was obvious from the second lap of actual racing that Ricciardo was vanishing and Rosberg was holding Hamilton up.  If Rosberg had a brake issue with the car then I don't know why they didn't instruct him to let Lewis past earlier.  

In the end, Lewis staying out on the wets and Red Bull's screw up put Lewis in front but it could have been a blinding race if Lewis had been let go and him and Ricciardo had fought it out on track for 60 laps.  

The Sauber incident was comedy gold and I also had a chuckle seeing Rosberg getting passed on the line  ;)

I too enjoyed that race - for the first time in a long time.

Putting the RB mistake aside it was still a fantastic bit of driving from Lewis.  It isn't too long ago that he'd have probably panned the Merc in his over enthusiasm to win that race.  A very controlled and impressive piece of driving, I thought.

I agree completely.  I think Lewis deserves an awful lot of credit for how he drove that race.

I wish Verstappen had been in the mix too although it was always a good bet that he'd stack it round Monaco.  When he crashed in qualifying I think he'd set the fastest first and second sectors ever.  I think he'll win it within a few years though - his pace is incredible but with such a small margin for error on the street circuits you need to know when to reign it back a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...