Towbar fully integrated or aftermarket?? 59 Plate Passat

tmh-007

Relax, Jon, he might be using the towbar for something exciting.  Like, oh, I don't know, taking a race car to circuits around the UK :)

My Disco has fully integrated electrics.  This enables a total of one exciting feature - an extra indicator light to say that the trailer indicators are flashing as well.  Mrs P's X1 has slightly better, it tells you which side has a faulty bulb if the running lights go out.

Basically, choose the car first, then get whatever either comes with it or can be fitted to it by way of towbar & electrics. 

Relax, Jon, he might be using the towbar for something exciting.  Like, oh, I don't know, taking a race car to circuits around the UK :)

That is true and a fair point. Far too many of the 'slow-tows' have ruined many a blast up and down the A9 over the years for me to respond initially in any other way  :roflmao:

• Like 1

Had mine fitted recently and paid for the Audi trailer module and the loom that plugs in directly rather than splicing/cutting/etc.

I was an extra £120 (I think) which is steep but it would have bugged me otherwise.

On mine it has the following benefits (all only when trailer connected) :

Dash recognises the extra set of indicators running by showing "+1" - good confirmation all is still connecting and working

Bulb out on DIS

Fog light is extinguished on car and trailer fog lit instead.

Electric tailgate disabled

Rear parking sensors disabled and screen shows a trailer instead of rear sensors

Engine knows of trailer so I believe runs more cooling

ESP adapts

Not sure about ABS or additional items.

Edited by Scotty