Am I mad?

patently

Great car just push the boat out and get a newer one that is less fugly and you are done, it would be a great choice. 

And yes I know many think that about my car is ugly but its still hit less branches when it fell from the tree than the early Cayenne, IMVHO. +++

• Like 2

Later one is much better looking as Carmad says. Is this the same car you mentioned?

No, that seller doesn't reply to any form of communication, so I've assumed he either doesn't have a car to sell any more or doesn't want to sell it :(

A newer one would be nicer in many ways, but would be more expensive.  All the post-2010 cars seem to be at OPCs and up at prices that make me faint. 

So I did a search and my you are right talk about a jump. 

2010+ cars are £10k more than many many 2009 cars and that is a junk of change. 

However you work very hard and as your better half stopped you getting the dream car I think its still time to treat yourself. The 2010 plus Cayennes look so so much better inside and out, spend more pennies you can't use them when you die of boredom. So crack open the cheque book and look and some newer ones and post back when you have a few choices we can pick holes in. +++

• Like 1

One hell of a gamble buying something that big and complicated, and that old.

I suspect there is a reason why they are so much cheaper when well out of warranty, my mechanic had one in his workshop recently and was replacing a load of pipes in the 'V' of the engine with metal ones, apparently the plastic standard ones all split, it was an eye wateringly expensive kit.

Personally I think it looks awful, partly the colour, partly the wheels and partly the fact it's pre-face lift, however, my opinion on that front should have no bearing, if you like it, that's all that matters.

I suspect there is a reason why they are so much cheaper when well out of warranty, my mechanic had one in his workshop recently and was replacing a load of pipes in the 'V' of the engine with metal ones, apparently the plastic standard ones all split, it was an eye wateringly expensive kit.

One of the two known issues with the pre-2007 4.5 V8.  Not an issue with the 4.8 from 2007 onwards as Porsche had replaced so many by then that they changed the design to use metal pipes. 

One thing that became very obvious very quickly was to avoid the 4.5 V8 in S form (as opposed to twbo form) unless it has had those pipes replaced and - ideally - a full engine rebuild with fresh liners.  Having done the latter already on a Porsche flat six I have no desire to do it again on a Porsche V8...

Incidentally, I looked at a 4.5 twbo today, but the idea of towing a car to Anglesey at 4mpg has put me off a bit.

I love it when people say "Buy a newer one". :roflmao:

THEY'RE A LOT MORE ****ING EXPENSIVE.

IT ISN'T YOUR MONEY.

I'll leave it at that. :roflmao:

p.s. without the bodykit, I like it. +++

Sod it, I'll just buy a new one :roflmao:

(Not)

Well...Tipex...there's context in response.

I want to buy 'x' product, second hand it's in my price range and quite good I think.

NOO! Buy 'y' - it's the same, but 3 times the price and comes with a warranty.

Factually correct, but ****ing retarded from a perspective point of view.

You could argue with that logic that anyone suggesting they want a second hand car should, you know, buy a new one because new.

This thread reads like people haven't followed the query in relationship to the variables involved.

• Like 1