COTA MotoGP

Busby

I bet Dovi is hurting a bit this morning!  Cal must have crapped himself when Smith's bike went sliding past him.  I don't know how close it actually was but it looked too close for comfort from the angles I saw.

I said from the beginning of the weekend that nobody was going to come close to Marquez at COTA, he's in a different league there.  Good result for Lorenzo, the best he could hope for and a good recovery after the race in Argentina.

It was a surprise to see Rossi bin it!

One of the outstanding achievements of the weekend was the win by Storm Stacey – a name made for podiums – in the Moto3 race. What makes it outstanding is Storm’s age. At 12 years and 349 days, he is the youngest ever winner of a motorbike race at Silverstone. To put that in context, not only is Storm too young to ride on the roads, vote, or to buy alcohol – the usual measurements of youngness in this sort of event – he’s even too young to have a Facebook account. Amazing.

Quoted from Silverstone yesterday. Wow.post-5924-0-90292100-1460360072_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Cal must have crapped himself when Smith's bike went sliding past him.  I don't know how close it actually was but it looked too close for comfort from the angles I saw.

Very true .... but come on, he did look like a big girl trying to skip over something that had already gone past!

Off topic - but did you see Shakey Byrne on the last corner of BSB race 2? Feck! No idea how he saved that.

Only just caught up with COTA. Loving that Austin circuit - seriously fast and twisty. Not a great race, but full of WTF’s. I admire Rossi as an individual, and am a Yamaha fan, but quite chuffed to see him slide out (sorry Rossi fans ;) ). Poor old Dovi! Again! And Pedrosa for that matter. Marquez domination was great viewing (again). 

Edited by JonC