Andy_Bangle

Anglia Car Auctions (classics) Results

14 posts in this topic

How much did that Rover 75 V8 go for! Bonkers price differential compared to the cooking models and it's still a Rover 75 when all said and done, Mustang engine or not.

Bonkers indeed and over the ridiculously high estimate too - must be something with that model considering the other 75's basically made scrap value

Some lovlies in there.

Some nasties in there too!

The Aplina 5.7 and the AMV8, along with the BMW 6, and some of the Merc SLs.

How much did that Rover 75 V8 go for! Bonkers price differential compared to the cooking models and it's still a Rover 75 when all said and done, Mustang engine or not.

Also surprised at how cheap the 944 S2 convertible was.

Yeah, but we all know 944s are so unreliable their owners never leave their garages :)

Yeah, but we all know 944s are so unreliable their owners never leave their garages :)

... for fear of crashing into the door frame :coffee:

1 person likes this

River 75 V8 and MG ZT V8s are different animals to their cooking siblings. It's only like the Z3 and Z3 M difference in price.

I was actually keeping an eye on that 75 as it was marked up at £8k a little while back before being an auction lot with a guide of 8k.

There are two Clio V6s I'm keeping an eye on at present. Not FSH which puts me off but recent history is good. So much temptation around.

Just passed another MOT I'll have you know!

1 person likes this

Nothing a good wet vac cant sort out...

2 people like this

Is that the owner or the car LD?

Is that the owner or the car LD?

Car. I'm dying on my arse after back to back abs and then fat burn classes!

That 205 actually makes me sad.  All the old history binned, odo reset to zero.  £25k for something that will now sadly just reside in a museum?  And it still has the usual issues (like mine) of the rear tailgate ridged plastic insert being cracked and the door mirror adjuster handles being held on with tape.  Some of those pieces of trim go for absolutely bonkers money nowdays!  A pair of new front mudflaps (again this car is missing them) and that rear tailgate ridged plastic insert (the piece that goes between the rear tail lights) are like gold dust

By comparison, it's just criminal that really good condition 306 GTi-6 goes for just £600 (after fees!)  I really should buy one of those as a thrash box before all the good ones are gone forever (or are broken up for their engines and gearboxes for 205 conversions).  They lift off oversteer even more than the 205....

All the old history binned, odo reset to zero.

Wait, what?

That's illegal.