New Car Time

Mac

You may have misunderstood my complaint about UI NNMM, I was talking about the bmw satnav interface!

I think it is the WORST I have ever come across in 15 + years of sat nav interface experience

Go buy a Jaguar or Land Rover. You'll be missing the BMW unit within days :ffs:

It'll be academic, though, you won't be able to find your way to a BMW dealer to buy a new one any more :coffee:

• Like 1

Oh I see.  I've got to say I'm surprised by that.  I find it the exact opposite.

Are you talking about the latest 2012 on interface?

I think it is excellent.

Current model year NNMM, sorry but it is virtually impossible to work through, even when it is possible it is ridiculously slow by virtue of the input ONLY being by the stupid "volume knob" that is the i-drive.

Love the car, hate the UI.

Can't honestly say I rate Waze very highly, it takes some very odd routes and the traffic info is always very out of date.

I don't think the routing is that good but I find the traffic reports from other users very useful.  I read somewhere that when calculating a route it only takes into account the traffic for the next 20 minutes so if there is a big accident or something further along it can often take you straight into it.

My main reason for using it is that the display is nice and clear unlike the horrible cluttered Seat nav.

Can't honestly say I rate Waze very highly, it takes some very odd routes and the traffic info is always very out of date.

Couldn't agree more.

Also, Uber drivers use it and that's enough reason not to for me.

Edited by JonC

• 3 weeks later...

It's a great car. One to admire, rather than one to love, if that makes sense. 

Not sure on the saloon, think the SHOOTING BRAKE /IanC mode Off looks betterer.

+++

Estates are the way forward.  I'd imagine its your first since the B5?

I'm surprised he didn't go for an estate to be honest, not sure where he's going to put the dog.

I suspect he'll be out most of the day playing with the launch control and giggling.

He's coming from his Focus ST so this will be leagues faster.

Edited by Tipex