Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AZURES3

1250 miles in 3 weeks in my M235i

4 posts in this topic

Obviously there are more powerful and capable cars out there but for bang for bucks it is a very capable car.  I took the first 700 miles easy with varied throttle and revs but kept under 4000 RPM, then following that the odd blip to 5500RPM and the odd full throttle. Once at 1100 miles I let all hell break loose but there is no need to go near the redline with peak power from 1600 RPM. The burble and crackle and over run noises in sport mode is comical, not to the wife’s taste lol.

Highlights:-

Engine sound and performance is superb

Pro Media has excellent features

Steering feedback is like a go kart

Electric seats highly adjustable and comfortable

Could be better:-

Road noise on some of the tired Hampshire roads is poor but the 5 series was very well insulated. 90% of roads the noise is fine.

HK sound system is much better than the standard system but only really comes in to it own when on 50% + volume.

The M135i & M235i and about to get the B58 engine and potentially another 10 BHP uplift with the M140i and M240i models which will be delivered from September onwards. I was aware these were coming late 2016 but as this was a lease car ordered in Jan I was less bothered and I am impatient.

The M2 looks a beast and would be my ideal car, it would be interesting to see the real world difference in performance between the 2. I suspect it is significant on the track but on the road with another 40 BHP and an M diff its 0.4s to 60 is probably less noticeable.

If the delivery times of the M2 keep pushing out I will be able to order one in 2018 for 2019 delivery on lease.

1 person likes this

Not too the wife's taste.   :roflmao: :roflmao:

Never mind! +++

1 person likes this

Pahh I did 2300 miles in my first 10 days.

Glad you are enjoying the car and your comments pretty much mirror my thoughts.

Pro Media has excellent features

Could be better:-

Road noise on some of the tired Hampshire roads is poor but the 5 series was very well insulated. 90% of roads the noise is fine.

Pro Media (Nav Pro) - been saying this since 2013.  They've nailed it now and the integration and specification is excellent.  I could never use the standard system although I've only ever had Pro anyway, but it is worth every penny in my opinion.

Road noise - I think you've said it anyway, they're such different cars for different purposes.  The 5 is always going to be a lot quieter than 2 and I think a lot of people are unaware of just how quiet a 5 is when you're inside.  However, the 5 (certainly the 520d you've come from) will never compete in the satisfaction and feedback stakes that the 235i will give you.  Chalk and cheese.

The 35i engine in the Z4 was outstanding and the one you have is an improvement on that again.  It was the one thing about the car I loved.  As you've said, the noise is fabulous.