The Grand Tour

Andy_Bangle

Well that was a bit of an anti-climax however, Grand tour = GT Top gear = TG  <_<

CcQIQe1.jpg

Amazon’s new motoring show starring Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May will be called The Grand Tour.

In a statement, the former Top Gear trio thanked fans for taking the time to send in their suggestions for the name, which they said were “much appreciated”.

“Thing is,” said Clarkson, “we’ll be travelling the world hosting each episode in a different country, from a giant tent. It’s a sort of ‘grand tour’, if you like. So we’ve decided to call it The Grand Tour.”

May said he was underwhelmed by the name. “I wanted to call it ‘Nigel’, or ‘Roger’,” he said. “We needed a name, and they’re names.”

Hammond was more positive. “I already love camping,” he said. “But this is something else. We are like our pioneering and prospecting forebears, sallying forth into a new frontier of broadcasting, and making our home where…” 

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Well I can't really say I'm that bothered what it's called, it's the content that matters and I've always enjoyed their antics.

Sadly I wont get to see any of it so I'm not really getting remotely excited about it either, being as I don't subscribe to Amazon.

I suppose I could wait until all 12 episodes are available and then do a free trial.

• Like 1

I think  they, and Top Gear had run its course and got stale, boring and repetitive anyway.  kept alive  and dragged on by huge reselling rights around the world.

I cant say that I will be rushing out to watch them in another reincarnation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it would have far more TV interest if they had me trying to present it.

10 minutes trying hard to get into the car

2 minutes before its point the wrong way / upside down / in a ditch

20 minutes watching the spectacle of me trying to get out of the car which given I struggled in a 911 bucket, I hate to think what some of these others are like.

• Like 1