Andy_Bangle

BMW launches 335bhp M140i and M240i

41 posts in this topic

I await the arrival of the Ford Xvideos!

Ford Xhamster!

I reckon the xHamster would be great. A small, agile 'lifestyle' vehicle that automatically uploads videos of your x rated journeys into the bush. Or something.

Cue the.........

GAYLORD GLADIATOR!

post-2732-0-22082100-1463639282_thumb.jp

Edited by Soulboy

Cue the.........

GAYLORD GLADIATOR!

I remember reading in history books.  London was always 2 AA gun searchlights short during the Blitz.  They never did find where they went.......

1 person likes this

Cue the.........

GAYLORD GLADIATOR!

My name is Austinus Maximus....

1 person likes this

Shhh!  Don't tell AZ!  :P

Although the wait for one of these new beasties would be horrendous!?

No panic as per my review post I was aware this was coming but lease deals anywhere near the crazy price I got would have been December delivery at best and and I am too impatient. I leased as models always change and next year the 2 series gets a facelift like the 1 series did last year.

One thing the M235i doesn't suffer from is lack of power with several people getting 330bhp stock on the dynos which is bonkers really for a car this size.

No panic as per my review post I was aware this was coming but lease deals anywhere near the crazy price I got would have been December delivery at best and and I am too impatient. I leased as models always change and next year the 2 series gets a facelift like the 1 series did last year.

One thing the M235i doesn't suffer from is lack of power with several people getting 330bhp stock on the dynos which is bonkers really for a car this size.

We threw a 2-3yr old M135i round a short circuit last week and they REALLY fly, loads of power. Only issue being no LSD, so getting the power down was the biggest issue (inside wheel would spin up all the time)

Seems ok on the road but had a scary moment in the wet last week when I stupidly used sport manual mode from the lights and fish tailed off the lights like a crazy person, lesson learnt.

I miss the Quattro grip in the wet but would take the noise, power and delivery of the straight 6 every day of the weeks. I think BMW UK not bringing the M235i xdrive to the uk is a mistake they would further impact Audi A3 sales.

Be interesting to see what the facelift 2 series gets in terms of tech but my plan is to get one of the last M2's on lease in 2019 ordered in 2018.

Seems ok on the road but had a scary moment in the wet last week when I stupidly used sport manual mode from the lights and fish tailed off the lights like a crazy person, lesson learnt.

I miss the Quattro grip in the wet but would take the noise, power and delivery of the straight 6 every day of the weeks. I think BMW UK not bringing the M235i xdrive to the uk is a mistake they would further impact Audi A3 sales.

Be interesting to see what the facelift 2 series gets in terms of tech but my plan is to get one of the last M2's on lease in 2019 ordered in 2018.

M2 is a great looking and sounding car... also has a proper diff, which genuinely helps a RWD car a lot

Yeah doesn't it just! Gets rid of all that fish-tailey rubbish for the most part.

I'm hardly the world's best drive, but in the M3 exiting a roundabout slightly sideways was fun, and completely controllable.

Tried in a mate's 335 as it felt the same, and it all nearly ended firey death  :roflmao:

2 people like this

We threw a 2-3yr old M135i round a short circuit last week and they REALLY fly, loads of power. Only issue being no LSD, so getting the power down was the biggest issue (inside wheel would spin up all the time)

Is it possible to beef up the rear roll bar?  Stiffen up the rear, reduce roll, try and give the inside a fraction more bite?

Did this mod on my B6 S4 at the same time I changed tyres and did the alignment.  I was surprised it was wearing the rear tyres fastest than the fronts?  Maybe it was the inside rear trying to break free and spin up, but with permanent quattro you never heard any wheelspin or noise?

I think BMW offer a rear diff for the M135i but it'd be cheaper to sell it and buy an M3. :uhoh:

1 person likes this

The LCI 135 is much better traction wise. To the extent that it is no longer an issue for me. If you have the car in sport plus or traction mode the car does not spin up its inside wheel. In fact it allows the outside wheel to overspeed just like an LSD.

Edited by jimdiesel

The LCI 135 is much better traction wise. To the extent that it is no longer an issue for me. If you have the car in sport plus or traction mode the car does not spin up its inside wheel. In fact it allows the outside wheel to overspeed just like an LSD.

Agreed there is some electronic wizardry, thank fook

The M135i that I practised emergency stops from speed in heavy rain & standing water at Thruxton last autumn was simply astonishing.