Knee replacement SUV of Joy

fatcat

A knee means a new vehicle, now the RS5 of doom has finally gone I'm entertaining the thought of an SUV, mainly because of ease of access, in and out.

So with that in mind my desktop survey (+ a little tryout here and there) I've come up with this fag packet selection.

Evoque Si4 - 250bhp

RSQ3 - 335 bhp

MB GLA45 - 350ish bhp

All just sat in not yet driven.

The Evoque is a stunna without a doubt, problem is I had to climb up into the seat and worst still I had to drop out of the seat, not a good start. Dash layout was fine, visibility a little restricted, performance on paper a little short of expectations.

RSQ3, ticked a lot of boxes, again abit of a climb to get in, getting out was much easier, layout was spot on. Looks are abit weird, still think it sits quite high. Performance is assured.

GLA45, the dark sheep, Jane pointed it out and and we visited the local MB showroom, access was easy Peasy, layout was awesome, a really nice place to be, looks pretty good, performance again is assured.

My head & heart says the GLA45.

Macan? Decently quick ones are a bit dear though. SQ3 probably a better option.

Does the GLA have the Fisher Price tablet bolted into the dash like the C class? :uhoh:

Saw a white Macan yesterday and it was absolutely stunning:-)

Yes, GLA has the tablet bolted onto the dash. Inspired by Twinspark:-)

• Like 1

I do agree, the Evoque is the least desired amongst 'em, but it does look achingly nice.

The GLA45 is by far the most suitable for my use and looks pretty damn good, I'm sure the RSQ3 will sound just about right but I'm not totally sold on its looks. After the RS5 debacle I'm reluctant to even own another Audi.

Never owned a Merc either, I'm sure I will not be disappointed.

I do agree, the Evoque is the least desired amongst 'em, but it does look achingly nice.

The GLA45 is by far the most suitable for my use and looks pretty damn good, I'm sure the RSQ3 will sound just about right but I'm not totally sold on its looks. After the RS5 debacle I'm reluctant to even own another Audi.

Never owned a Merc either, I'm sure I will not be disappointed.

I think the Evoque looks foul.  The Merc - might have that stoopid hadn & foot brake contraption (still) plus the ipad displays.

Do BMW have a 2 Series alternative - with a lovely 6 cylinder engine?