Andy_Bangle

2017 A5

21 posts in this topic

Seems Merc sold a load of left over tablets to Audi, it must suck to be Audi exterior designer these days  :grin:

Audis-A5VS53.jpg

Spot the difference:

AudiSV05.jpg

Seems Merc sold a load of left over tablets to Audi, it must suck to be Audi exterior designer these days  :grin:

Spot the difference:

AudiSV05.jpg

I'd like to see that job description!

It must go something like:

1. Able to glue ipad to dashboard.

2. See 1.

3. See 2.

etc.

1 person likes this

Well I'm certainly not going to ask the kids to play spot the difference on this... 

I'm genuinely not taking the piss. the Ipad interior is obviously the newer car.

But which external pic is the newer one? I'm assuming the red car as it looks a smidge more modern, but the way the photos are laid out I'd expect the newer interior on the bottom to link up to the car on its right???

Red is the new range topping S5, the silver car is an old TDi model. Makes the visual comparison even worse.

How about one has the same bloody analogue dash that's in a zillion Audi's and the other has the one digital screen dash with satnav etc.

Externally it's definitely just an evolution rather than anything astonishing but it does look sharper.

But is the Virtual Cockpit Display standard or a very expensive option (like on the F-Pace)?

Red is the new range topping S5, the silver car is an old TDi model. Makes the visual comparison even worse.

The silver old shape is an S5!     :roflmao:

Virtual Cockpit optional

RS4 and RS5 will be a development of the S4 and S5 - a 3.0 litre V6 twin scroll turbo plus electric driven supercharger a la SQ7

eg.  http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/audi/set-fans-to-electric-new-audi-sq7-tdi-uses-electric-turbo/

Jesus. Are Audi bothering with exterior design at all these days? I'm finding Mercedes and Audi increasingly hard to tell models apart.

Digital dash should be ticked on that options list by everyone.

The dash in my 5 won't have all the features that one does but the full digital display and Nav signs and stuff between the dials is superb.  I like the interior shown above actually but I admit I'm beginning to wonder why they seem to be stalling the exterior design so much. 

I really like the new look Mercedes C Class and most of the rest of their range.  I think the C Class is a hell of a lot better looking than the 3 series and A4.

C-Class is a V.Good looking car. When is the C400 / C450 due though as there is a gaping gulf between the anemic 250 and the bonkers AMG.

Hmmm, I feel differently about Mercs. Don't care for them at all, bar AMG models. I don't see the resemblance between the two marques myself, and actually see a world of difference.

If the ipad screen could fold away (like on the new A6, my A8 and the D4 A8) it would look better.

I love the gearstick though!

Hate the Merc interiors with their lack of gearstick on the auto models.

Agreed.  Mistake imo that Audi haven't bothered on the A4 A5 to make it retract like it does in all their other current models

At least it won't break and refuse to fold in/out in a few years time!

B9 S4 S5 engine and drive train

400 lb ft out the box isn't bad

1 person likes this

S4

Credit to Autocar and Graham from Audi SRS for pics

63_dsc5938.jpg

13419172_10153840228739023_1499605002738

Why have Audi swapped the touch pad to now be in front of the gearstick?  That makes no sense!  Not noticed this before on the B9

Rest your hand on the gearstick while using the touchpad with your fingers, makes sense to me, much more comfortable.

I wonder.....

Is there anything to suggest that break-ins of Mercedes fitted with the dash mounted screen have increased due to dickheads that don't realise it isn't an iPad?

2 people like this

Loving that gearstick!

Same with the A8 gearstick - very 'throttle' looking!