Busby

There could be something new coming

115 posts in this topic

That looks great Jon.  The fit/finish looks immaculate +++

1 person likes this

Thanks +++ It crackles, spits and pops like a demon on the over-run :grin: Monstrously loud is an understatement!

I refer to my previous statement, which you have just confirmed!

Cock!

Just read this thread with interest - congratulation on the bike, its bonkers! I may be going for my full license in Novermber - would you recommend the H2 as a good, solid, first big bike? Lol

1 person likes this

Cheers Bazza +++

The rain-mode on the H2 makes it a perfect first bike :)

Good luck with your full test - I imagine it's far more involved now than it used to be!  Can you still do it via a direct access process or have you had to go via the new licence classes to do the full test?

Edited by Busby
1 person likes this

7 hours ago, bazza_g said:

I may be going for my full license in Novermber

God help us all! ;)

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Busby said:

Can you still do it via a direct access process...

Yep. 4 or 5 day course depending on skill level. 4 days training on road, and both modules, then day day 5 module 1 & 2. About £750/800.

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, Busby said:

Cheers Bazza +++

The rain-mode on the H2 makes it a perfect first bike :)

Good luck with your full test - I imagine it's far more involved now than it used to be!  Can you still do it via a direct access process or have you had to go via the new licence classes to do the full test?

Splendid - H2 it is then lol!

Did my CBT the week before last, assesssor was a very proper army guy who advised not to bother with a 125cc as I'm likely to pick up bad habits - his recommendation was to go straight to big test and be trained to ride a proper bike properly. 

Due to work and travel schedule I've got 4 days training and my Module 1, then a week gap, then the week after a 'brush up skills' day and the Module 2 test. 

I think if you're a young'un these days you have to do one part then stay below a certain power for 2 years before doing final test to ride any bike?

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, bazza_g said:

Due to work and travel schedule I've got 4 days training and my Module 1, then a week gap, then the week after a 'brush up skills' day and the Module 2 test. 

I think if you're a young'un these days you have to do one part then stay below a certain power for 2 years before doing final test to ride any bike?

Just remember on Mod 1, shoulder checks each and every time from the very first stationery position onwards. 8 minutes later, and it'll be over and passed +++

At 21, you can get a Cat A licence to ride any size bike. If you've been on Cat A2 (up to 500cc) for 2 years, you can go straight to big bike test, but if you're older than 24, you can go straight to Direct Access for a big bike.

1 person likes this

Bazza - just remember to forget any Advanced road positioning, etc

You must do it as if you were a total novice 17 year old taking to the road for the first time. If not they'll fail you.

Best of luck. +++

p.s. I hated my day on a 125. Get on the bigger bike as soon as possible as they're much more stable and less fidgety.

1 person likes this

Thanks gents - no worries about doing it as if I was a total novice, I am a total novice and will be sure to shoulder check the fook out of everything!

Apologies for going off topic! 

Back to the H2, have we managed to get it flat out yet? :)

5 hours ago, bazza_g said:

Back to the H2, have we managed to get it flat out yet? :)

In a word, no!

Once it's had the first service and the associated suspension fettling that goes along with it, I'll be looking for some airfield days next year.  I think it's the only place it could really be stretched.

I heard a rumour about somebody clocking 171mph on one but then rolling off because things become so bumpy they couldn't see properly anymore!

5 people like this

Was looking at the H2 again at the MCN bike show at the NEC yesterday. Felt I had to bump this thread to get an update +++

Not a great deal to update with really!  Bike has been wrapped up for the winter for while now.  Still enjoying going into the garage just to look at it :)

The 17 model has some interesting updates actually - changes to the IMU and the electronics.  Not sure if they will be able to be carried into previous versions but I'm not sure the addition of a lean angle indicator/recorder is necessarily a good thing!

The 17 model also sees a two way sensor on the quick shifter and clutchless downshifts as standard.  As that is something I was looking to do anyway I will now be fitting the 17 linkage and unlocking the option in the ECU.  The autoblipping along with the associated chirping is going to be comical!

3 people like this