Olympics 2016

billy2shots

It's a funny one because in some respect we owe Daley for inspiring other divers who have done well this competition. On the other hand he is always the star of the show and his partner in the synchro gets forgotten about with Daley not particularly quick to remind everyone of his partners role. 

He has had to deal with the death of his father which Must be crushing for a youngster so I'm glad he has won Olympic medals. I'm just not that disappointed he hasn't won a gold. 

• Like 1

Too many brilliant moments. Max on the floor was a massive surprise as was our two lads in the synchronised diving. Our 16 year old girl who won bronze in the floor and our lady in the trampoline were out of the blue as well and I have a soft spot for people doing well when they weren't predicted to. 

To single it down to one thing, I think it has to be Trotty taking her second gold at these games making her our most decorated female Olympic hero. To join her partner who became joint male is surreal. I can just picture them sat having a cider and a Chinese at home, looking at each other then at the 9 gold medals on display and just laughing together. Also if they have kids, the day they ask 'mum, dad, what do you do for a job'. 

Away from GB my standout has to be Bolt. It's an obvious choice but what he has done for athletics will not be truely understood until he has gone. It really is the sports darkest time but if anything he has moved the sport on to an all time high during his 8 years at the top. To do that in the face of a crisis neede someone extraordinary. That happens to be exactly what Bolt is. Extraordinary. 

• Like 3

In most sports, when the same person or team dominate and the result is a foregone conclusion people normally get bored and turn against the individual or the team.

For whatever reason this has never happened with Usain Bolt and people in general are happy when he does win.

The moment of the Olympics for me is Jason Kenny winning the Keirin. To deliver with the race being neutralised twice with a risk of being disqualified showed true class in my opinion.

His other half dominating the Omnium comes a close second.

As an aside, just imagine how good Mo Farah would be if he didn't eat that "Quorn" cr@p

Edited by Cuprabob
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, billy2shots said:

To single it down to one thing, I think it has to be Trotty taking her second gold at these games making her our most decorated female Olympic hero. To join her partner who became joint male is surreal. I can just picture them sat having a cider and a Chinese at home, looking at each other then at the 9 gold medals on display and just laughing together. Also if they have kids, the day they ask 'mum, dad, what do you do for a job'.

They have so many you've lost count!  (family total is now ten!)