Chillihead

Ex Audi - BMW all the way :)

17 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am the proud owner of a 428i, love it, I really do.  Only had it for 3 days and I need to stop adding miles.

Any advice re fuel, tyre pressures etc, etc would be welcomed.

Fuel - use petrol.

Tyre pressure - run flat, so don't need any.

NEXT!

36 minutes ago, E-bmw said:

Fuel - use petrol.

Tyre pressure - run flat, so don't need any.

NEXT!

Wow, supportive, helpful and friendly, thanks!

Any time.

BMW tyre pressures - we have a resident forum expert on that topic.  Paging NNMM ^_^

No going back to Audi then Chillihead?  What have you found the biggest difference with the BMW? (cue jokes about lack of understeer, steering feel, etc!)

2 people like this

Joking aside, cracking car, can we have some pics then?

13 minutes ago, E-bmw said:

Joking aside, cracking car, can we have some pics then?

;)  Soon to follow.

21 minutes ago, Busby said:

BMW tyre pressures - we have a resident forum expert on that topic.  Paging NNMM ^_^

No going back to Audi then Chillihead?  What have you found the biggest difference with the BMW? (cue jokes about lack of understeer, steering feel, etc!)

Nope, great car, rock solid, classy interior and just feels so right, more questions soon.  Thank you and Hi.

48 minutes ago, Busby said:

I hope that new shiny bike of yours doesn't fall off its stand. :roflmao:

Chilliwotsit - just set the pressures per the manual.

The key is to check them regularly if you don't have TPMS.  Mind you, it won't matter on a 4 series. 

1 person likes this

Ok, no pictures yet but a couple new questions. 

1. Auto zoom at junctions - (Pro Nav)  it was zooming, now stopped, I haven't fiddled.

2. Seat memory linked to keys. bit flakey, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Could these be linked to the BMW server issues?

All of that is stored locally in the car not online. 

The junction zoom, were you navigating at the time then not? That could be it?!?

Never had an issue with seat memory being linked to the keys (on the cars we've had with it).

Auto-zoom at junctions - yes it will do but that also leads me to believe you're in split screen mode?  You could switch it off.  If you have the MFD (multi function digital dash) then it is best switched off as the junctions and road signs show in the instrument binnacle between the odometer and revs counter.

As CarMad says, there is no connection with BMW for the functions you mention.

6 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

Never had an issue with seat memory being linked to the keys (on the cars we've had with it).

Auto-zoom at junctions - yes it will do but that also leads me to believe you're in split screen mode?  You could switch it off.  If you have the MFD (multi function digital dash) then it is best switched off as the junctions and road signs show in the instrument binnacle between the odometer and revs counter.

As CarMad says, there is no connection with BMW for the functions you mention.

Hi, thank you both for your answers, I will try that in the morning, I am so glad that I am not losing my mind. :), keys and memory now working.

The car has full black panel, pro nav, so tomorrow I will paly even more.

Does anyone know if BMW retrofit?  I'm after the advanced loudspeakers etc.  I will take photos very soon.

Total waste of money going for the BMW loudspeakers.  Go to an independent and get a much better system for the same money if audio is your thing.

Black panel dash isn't the same as MFD. 

Change the Map View type.  You'll have Perspective, North, Direction of Travel, etc.  I'm pretty sure the junction zoom appears in direction of travel mode but it could be one of the others instead.  Or tap the iDrive to the right when you're on a route with the map on screen and I think you'll find the option in there.

Thank you NNMM, I don't have an MFD, now that I have checked what it is, I definitely want one next.

Pictures taken, not that great more to follow after a 3 day session at my valters.