MK on Tour!

Ian_C

Please note - new venue!

Weds 7th September, 6:30pm onwards at the Harvester, Eastlake Park, Fox Milne, Milton Keynes, opposite the new Audi Dealership.     +++

We've had some good turn outs of late, but the food had been a little hit and miss recently, combined with slow service, so a few of the attendees have suggested a change of venue.  We propose MK goes on tour:  if we find a place with a decent car park, atmosphere, food and service, we might return to it, otherwise I've had plenty of suggestions from the gang, nothing stops us going to a different pub every month.  This something that those in attendance can discuss on the night - ie. do we stick or twist haha!  Ross was particularly keep to go Harvester as he loves salad so much being nice and healthy.  Table booked for 10 people, that can be amended if required nearer the time.

Another great meet in August at the old location, breezy but mild, nine attendees including another new recruit driving a stunning C6 RS6 saloon

6:30pm onwards, any enthusiast welcome, not just VAG and / or Porsche!  Usual suspects please post your interest, potential MK meet newbies please post below so we can look out and welcome you, even more so given the new unknown location!  The meet is posted on RS246, Audi SRS, the S2 Forum and TSN.  The current tradition for the close of 2016 is meets in September, October & December.

I'll post some car park info nearer the time (spot to aim for etc)

Harvester
Eastlake Park
Tongwell Street
Milton Keynes
MK15 0SB

The postcode on google maps takes you to DHL, same side turning off Tongwell Street (V11), the Holiday Inn and Harvester are south of DHL and backing onto the roundabout

Edited by Ian_C
grammar

On 8/22/2016 at 11:00 PM, Ian_C said:

Please note - new venue!

Weds 7th September, 6:30pm onwards at the Harvester, Eastlake Park, Fox Milne, Milton Keynes, opposite the new Audi Dealership.     +++

Harvester
Eastlake Park
Tongwell Street
Milton Keynes
MK15 0SB

The postcode on google maps takes you to DHL, same side turning off Tongwell Street (V11), the Holiday Inn and Harvester are south of DHL and backing onto the roundabout

I'll post some car park info nearer the time (spot to aim for etc)

Okay some more info as promised as a few people have messaged me about this.    +++

Lee Whitehead had suggested this bit of the car park.  It backs onto some buildings which look like two storey house / flats but are in fact offices, so should be fairly quiet by 6:30pm.  There is a big kerb stone splitting the car park, so you cannot drive from one side to the other.  I popped past the car park and took a few pics of the area to congregate, and have edited some maps to highlight to spot.  Head right to the very very end upon arrival, sign posted overspill car park (to where the kerb splits the Harvester side and offices side)

Map+MK+1.jpg
Map+MK+2.jpg
Map+MK+3.jpg
WP_20160828_13_09_15_Pro.jpg
WP_20160828_13_08_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20160828_13_08_04_Pro.jpg
WP_20160828_13_07_52_Pro.jpg

Edited by Ian_C
why do i have to give a reason

On 9/1/2016 at 9:42 AM, cruiser647 said:

Looks like a prime dogging spot.......

No overly obvious overlooking windows, seedy street lights.........  :roflmao:

Hahaha, I did thinking that, posting a pic of my estate with the back seats down and sheets in the back.    :roflmao:

(had some alloys in the back and I didn't want to leave them uncovered popping into MK shopping centre!)

• Like 1

Great to see you all - 10 attendees as the MK meet goes on tour after 12.5 years at the original venue.  We also had three attendees - Matt (Botang), Tobes49 & Boyd - who used to come together to those early meets who I haven't seen in years, was great to catch up.  Also welcome to newbies Gary and Chris who saw the meet published on Audi SRS.   +++

Yesterdays attendees voted to continue MK on tour and try somewhere else next month, so look out for next months thread.  The cul de sac overflow car park area could work well for future summer meets in 2017

As the evenings draw in, the time for gawping at cars and taking photos becomes reduced, hence we can book a table slightly earlier

Sixes and eights

WP_20160907_19_56_58_Pro+EDIT+1024.jpg