Another convert?

chasdrury

On 29 August 2016 at 9:31 AM, E-bmw said:

Take the deposit contribution, take out finance & then settle it & cancel the finance in the 7 day (or 14) cooling off period.

On 29 August 2016 at 11:07 AM, Booster said:

As E-Bmw says. You are perfectly entitled to do exactly that. You can settle any finance within 14 days for no charge. 

Am I reading this right that you'd always get better discounts if you finance (so you do it then pay it all off anyway)?

Hope it pans out Chas - looks well specced 

Well he rang back.... (The guy at Cooper York) he hasn't got all the info that I requested ref tyres and brakes but is out tomorrow and would call on Friday. 

He has to check the discount I've asked for with a manager but they have taken it off sale for a small hold on deposit.

this is the car:

http://usedcars.cooperbmwipswich.co.uk/showroom/3-Series/2.0TD-325d-M-Sport-Touring/Ipswich/3727047-605867219-3497026.aspx?srcmdc=se_ce_re_

they will also move it to York now so I can actually see it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Waylander said:

Am I reading this right that you'd always get better discounts if you finance (so you do it then pay it all off anyway)?

Pretty much, yes, although anything is worth a try in case it makes a difference.

The finance thing is because they get a cut from the finance company for setting up the deal.

3 minutes ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

I think that looks very nice.  The coral red doesn't really clash because only you will see it - due to the glass tint.  Besides, everyone has to try red leather (in a car!) at some point!

Yeah that's the point. Not sure it works on a convertible for instance but as you say it's inside you see it. We love the red leather with Mineral Grey but to be honest, this car, this spec, this price, something has to be compromised on - having not seen it in the flesh i'm not sure it's a compromise, i think we'll love it. Very excited to see it in real life!

• Like 2

I like it a lot +++

Still think perhaps I should have gone with coral red despite my reservations, though mine's probably quite loud enough as it is, and the roof has been down much of the time (so far...) so it's probably just as well I didn't.  But it'll always be at the back of my mind...

12 hours ago, chasdrury said:

Yeah that's the point. Not sure it works on a convertible for instance but as you say it's inside you see it. We love the red leather with Mineral Grey but to be honest, this car, this spec, this price, something has to be compromised on - having not seen it in the flesh i'm not sure it's a compromise, i think we'll love it. Very excited to see it in real life!

Red leather with Steel Grey paint on the old E46 M3 was a stunning combination (and one I wished I'd chosen the day after I took delivery of mine with red leather...and in Titanium Silver - I regretted it the moment I saw one on the road).

OK, been up to York today to see it - it arrived yesterday. It's mint. The passenger and rear seats look like they've never been used. You'd be hard pressed to find a scratch on the body.

2x Brand new rear tyres and fronts are 7mm across them. Pads are showing 60k back and 40k front so plenty there (and visually they looked pretty new to me).

Corrosion is starting from the centres on those wheels (common problem) so they will ask BMW for warranty replacements. If so it'll go back in for them as we collect Friday +++

Excited!!

• Like 11