Antivirus on Tablets/iPad?

Waylander

I've had a spare of very convincing looking phishing emails Seemingly from Apple and PayPal. Kaspersky hoovered it up effectively on the PC but I can see people getting caught out on phones it tablets.

just wondered how many of you AV/Security products on your tablets?

I've got a couple activations spare on my suite so tempted to use on kids iPad and Huddle

Me too e-BMW but when it's kids' hardware and they're somewhat click-happy (although to be fair any viruses on our pc have all come from the missus).

Good to know though, thanks. I'll save for the additional laptop I can see myself buying at some point

Edited by Waylander

47 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Me too e-BMW but when it's kids' hardware and they're somewhat click-happy (although to be fair any viruses on our pc have all come from the missus).

I think the risk of viruses on tablets has been massively hyped up.

Is there a risk?  Yes, of course.  Is it enough to mean you should deploy AV on a kids tablet?  I doubt it.  

I would rather teach them, as I'm sure you have anyway, a few basics about browsing the web etc and leave it at that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

I think the risk of viruses on tablets has been massively hyped up.

Is there a risk?  Yes, of course.  Is it enough to mean you should deploy AV on a kids tablet?  I doubt it.  

I would rather teach them, as I'm sure you have anyway, a few basics about browsing the web etc and leave it at that.

But isn't a phishing email a phishing email? Or are you saying the tablet OSes are more resilient to them?

Just curious.

You're potentially mixing up different things.

Malware has a very low footprint on mobile OS - but, phishing is different matter. You can have a convincing phishing email with no antivirus or malware in it, it just wants to steal your password.

• Like 2