RS3 - Saloon!

cruiser647

On 04/05/2018 at 9:49 PM, CarMad said:

I take it you have had a test drive of one of the BMWs Riz? You haven't just looked at the pictures have you? Get in one and take if for a spin what have you got to lose hey, nothing except for a fun hour or so. +++

He's scared that RWD will bite him in the ass - only "real men" drive RWD cars :finger:

On 5/4/2018 at 8:49 PM, CarMad said:

I take it you have had a test drive of one of the BMWs Riz? You haven't just looked at the pictures have you? Get in one and take if for a spin what have you got to lose hey, nothing except for a fun hour or so. +++

Not yet but its the general day to day usage which worries me.

If I drove a RWD M car like a drive my Golf R then it would most likely end up in me wrapping the M around a tree. :D lol

10 hours ago, CarMad said:

Leave DSC anything on on a public road and that just doesn't happen. Didn't the same happen to that R8 after a meet, powerful cars of any type need respect especially when the toys to keep you safe are turned off. :blink:;)

True statement, hopefully I go off the idea of changing cars and keep my Golf R for another year! lol :D

40 minutes ago, Riz said:

Not yet but its the general day to day usage which worries me.

If I drove a RWD M car like a drive my Golf R then it would most likely end up in me wrapping the M around a tree. :D lol

What is it with people that think this? How come there aren't BMWs & Mercedes etc. wrapped around every lampost?

Honestly Riz, you're utterly wrong on this. When I first got my M3 I was terrified of it (to be fair it had a knackered rear diff which didn't help!) but after owning it for a while I literally gave zero thought to the RWD stuff. Same in the M2.

Now, turn all the stuff off and sure you'll end up in a ditch.

Go turn all the stuff off in an RS4 and drive it ridiculously - the only difference will be is that you'll get to see what you crash in to and have to listen to the horribly disappointing sound of understeer.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mac said:

Why do I always sound angry :( I'm not angry even when I'm replying to our resident stalker. 

Your making valid points... the 0% finance offer and potential 10% discounts on a new M3 Competition is so tempting.

3 hours ago, E-bmw said:

Get out there & test drive it properly, you will wonder why you were so worried about it.

Wuss!

This^^, honestly throw away the VW group comfort blanket and go and have a play. 

I remember driving a 330i on a wetted circle with my foot flat to the floor at a BMW day once and it just went round and round, open the steering and it went off like a scalded cat, it was amazing how clever it was. 

Like Mac I don't give RWD a single thought for 95% of the time driving the other 5% its probably snowing and you need to be treating the conditions the same regardless of the car. +++ 

• Like 1

I've said it before in this thread and your other one, having owned a couple of VW Group cars over the years, they would have to pay me good money to trade my M2 in, in fat they'd have to pay me and give me a car.

Drive it with no respect and it will think of a nice inventive way to kill you, but I doubt any of us here drive with no respect for the car.

The M2 is such a great package that you need to spend some time in it, it is so different to my 3 series, far more agile, and I dont drive it any differently to any other car i've had. Granted it has more power than most ive owned but it comutes to work as well as anythign i've had, but even then it pops, bangs and farts and makes me grin even at 30.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shao_khan said:

I've said it before in this thread and your other one, having owned a couple of VW Group cars over the years, they would have to pay me good money to trade my M2 in, in fat they'd have to pay me and give me a car.

Drive it with no respect and it will think of a nice inventive way to kill you, but I doubt any of us here drive with no respect for the car.

The M2 is such a great package that you need to spend some time in it, it is so different to my 3 series, far more agile, and I dont drive it any differently to any other car i've had. Granted it has more power than most ive owned but it comutes to work as well as anythign i've had, but even then it pops, bangs and farts and makes me grin even at 30.

So popped into my local Sytner BMW today to have another look around the M3. I’m going to get a test drive booked for the M3 Competition soon ;)

I am not going to rush into this but the figures are looking good already by just having a quick look on the BMW Online Finance Calculator..... got a home move next month so I will have to hold out for a bit longer but plan to book a test drive as soon as the sales chap emails across some dates. :D

9 hours ago, Riz said:

So popped into my local Sytner BMW today to have another look around the M3. I’m going to get a test drive booked for the M3 Competition soon ;)

If it's Sheffield they are a Coast2Coast agent and you should be able to get £6k off a competition (base spec) at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chasdrury said:

If it's Sheffield they are a Coast2Coast agent and you should be able to get £6k off a competition (base spec) at the moment.

Great. thanks for the heads up....... things are looking better already :D