RS3 - Saloon!

cruiser647

4 hours ago, Riz said:

M3 Competition Test Drive booked for Sat folks! :o will let you know if I wrap it around a tree etc ;)

Who remembers when TwinSpark test drove a Honda S2000?

(Before ultimately buying a Boxster with the wrong engine and wrong transmission)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, eldavo69 said:

Who remembers when TwinSpark test drove a Honda S2000?

(Before ultimately buying a Boxster with the wrong engine and wrong transmission)

I doubt I am going to make a u-turn and go with the Audi RS3, BMW's 0% finance + discount is just too hard to ignore.

Need to take the test drive and then get number crunching to see if everything adds up. Still very bad timing due to the house move but the 0% finance offer may end June 30th.

• Like 1

Just now, Andy_Bangle said:

Don't forget to ask about winter tyres +++

Haha, I think I will just use the wife's Polo in winter! lol

Hopefully the numbers add up on Sat for me to get one.

I am going to aim high... ask for 20% discount plus the £2800 deposit contribution on 0% finance over 48 months. :D lol

1 hour ago, eldavo69 said:

TwinSpark didn’t so much do a U-turn as reverse park it up a grass banking off a damp roundabout on the test drive.

A grass bank, great going .... I have checked the weather for Saturday, and it should be dry / sunny :grin: 

Really looking forward to it as the only other RWD car I have driven was my cousins SLK55 AMG many years ago.

Hopefully BMW UK stock has some highly specced examples left, I think a bright individual colour is out of the question but we'll see.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 9:17 PM, Biscuits said:

Me too. Why oh why have they not made an M3 Touring. It would look mega. 

Indeed.  In these days of Mercedes Audi + BMW all copying each other (BMW just launching the X2, the answer to a question that absolutely nobody asked) I cannot believe BMW have left Audi and Mercedes to have their own way with the ballistic petrol estates?

• Like 2

A quick update folks, test drove a standard 67 plate M3 earlier today (3k miles) and it has far exceeded my expectations.

I had it for an hour, so gave me a good chance to test it out, wife liked it too although she’s not happy about the cost, lol :)

I’m really blow away buy the whole package, noise, handling, grip, steering and performance, still got a cheesy grin from ear to ear.

When I got back in my Golf R, the whole M3 experience has it instantly highlighted the massive differences, the Golf R in isolation is a great car but once you’ve driven a M3 your view changes, mine certainly has and it’s like kind of taken the shine off the Golf R.

Unfortunately I can’t commit to ordering until June 22nd so will have to wait a little longer but I’m certainty going to do the numbers so I can get one.

So after 13-14 years of avoiding RWD cars it looks like I’ll be getting one, completely sold on the idea.

The car is EPIC.

Edited by Riz
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Riz said:

Unfortunately I can’t commit to ordering until June 22nd so will have to wait a little longer but I’m certainty going to do the numbers so I can get one.

House has to come first!  +++

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian_C said:

House has to come first!  +++

Yep.....

just been out to take what could be the final photos of the Golf R, just coming up to 42k miles :o

27358766487_85de9598eb_c.jpgA7_00769.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

27358828627_9d7a760d36_c.jpgA7_00758.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

41328811435_fcf6221bcf_c.jpgA7_00721.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

28356797588_8d4f6e02b2_c.jpgA7_00713.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

41508146004_be9acb313f_c.jpgA7_00714.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

41508141674_331eda27fa_c.jpgA7_00719.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

40422380220_68e8f4a8a3_c.jpgA7_00747.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

40422360450_af82f16a48_c.jpgA7_00757.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

• Like 2

On 20 May 2018 at 1:09 PM, Riz said:

Yep.....

just been out to take what could be the final photos of the Golf R, just coming up to 42k miles :o

27358766487_85de9598eb_c.jpgA7_00769.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

27358828627_9d7a760d36_c.jpgA7_00758.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

41328811435_fcf6221bcf_c.jpgA7_00721.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

28356797588_8d4f6e02b2_c.jpgA7_00713.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

41508146004_be9acb313f_c.jpgA7_00714.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

41508141674_331eda27fa_c.jpgA7_00719.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

40422380220_68e8f4a8a3_c.jpgA7_00747.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

40422360450_af82f16a48_c.jpgA7_00757.jpg by Rizvan Hussain, on Flickr

Looks good in the pictures, what sort of money is the Golf worth Riz?

Also there is a batch of very low miles, good spec, pre-reg CP M3s about that can be had for as low as £50k if you negotiate hard enough, finance rates from 3.9%. These may work out better value than the 0% deals on new as the best part of £10/15k depeciation has already been accounted for 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, max_b said:

Looks good in the pictures, what sort of money is the Golf worth Riz?

Also there is a batch of very low miles, good spec, pre-reg CP M3s about that can be had for as low as £50k if you negotiate hard enough, finance rates from 3.9%. These may work out better value than the 0% deals on new as the best part of £10/15k depeciation has already been accounted for 

Volkswagen offered me £20k for my Golf R, as I guess it’s probably worth £22-24k private and it really is mint example :) (always look after my cars).

A pre-reg M3 CP could be an option, however I can’t order until the end of June so will have to wait it out for the time being.

I guess buying used is always going to be the wiser option but if I can get £10-14k off list + £2900 deposit contribution + 0% finance it might be ok too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Riz said:

Volkswagen offered me £20k for my Golf R, as I guess it’s probably worth £22-24k private and it really is mint example :) (always look after my cars).

That's a good price considering you can get a new one discounted under 29k (3-door, auto, few options, factory order).

Edited by Andy_Bangle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy_Bangle said:

That's a good price considering you can get a new one discounted under 29k (3-door, auto, few options, factory order).

I am racking up the miles so no doubt the value will be dropping as each week passes by.

It's a great car and is totally mint, so the next owner will be pretty pleased. (hopefully).

10 hours ago, max_b said:

So to make the new car route comparable to a pre-registered car I would need to get the following deal if say it was a £15k depreciation value.

Discount on car by £10K

PCP dealer contribution £2.9K

0% finanance route would also save me some money over a used. This saving could range from as little as £3K or as much as 10K in interest payments?

10 hours ago, Riz said:

A pre-reg M3 CP could be an option, however I can’t order until the end of June so will have to wait it out for the time being.

I guess buying used is always going to be the wiser option but if I can get £10-14k off list + £2900 deposit contribution + 0% finance it might be ok too.

You keep saying that you can't order till the end of June but as per my pm, if you have your mortgage offer (and you should by now) there is no reason not to go ahead.

Once the offer has been issued, there will no be any further credit checks and even if you bought a car now, the agreement wouldn't show on your credit file till early July anyway +++

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Booster said:

You keep saying that you can't order till the end of June but as per my pm, if you have your mortgage offer (and you should by now) there is no reason not to go ahead.

Once the offer has been issued, there will no be any further credit checks and even if you bought a car now, the agreement wouldn't show on your credit file till early July anyway +++

I know but my financial adviser advised against it as she is certain Halifax will perform another credit check just before they release the funds to see if anything has changed and/or if I have applied for more money. The BMW salesman hinted at the same and advised I wait it out. Not great I know but can't take the risk at the moment.

Edited by Riz