cruiser647

RS3 - Saloon!

366 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Already decided on some of the spec I am after

BMW M3 Saloon Competition Package DCT

San Merino Blue

Sakhir Red Full Leather Interior

Carbon interior and Exterior Package

 

 

Still deciding on the other toys... :D

Edited by Riz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you have gone from definitely no, through maybe a test drive, to not now to speccing the car, well done. +++

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, E-bmw said:

So you have gone from definitely no, through maybe a test drive, to not now to speccing the car, well done. +++

The 0% finance offer and discounts are very hard to ignore.

I can't commit until after we have moved house so I will have to wait for now.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the DCT, and I'm surprising myself by thinking I should have gone for the manual. The DCT is good from a performance perspective, but I can't be the only person to think the 8 speed ZF box is a better experience.

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mac said:

I have the DCT, and I'm surprising myself by thinking I should have gone for the manual. The DCT is good from a performance perspective, but I can't be the only person to think the 8 speed ZF box is a better experience.

 

 

I loved my manual GTI PP, but went DSG in my Golf R....... I now prefer DSG / Auto going forwards. Makes motorway mile-munching with adaptive cruise so much easier.

I had a close look at a M3 Competition Pack yesterday in San Merino and it looks fab!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ZF box in the M140 and my old 335 is astonishingly good. Thought it had convinced me to never, ever go back to a manual. DCT not so much - still a bit undecided.

 

Saying that, holding the left paddle for your foot flat to the floor in Sport+ is brutal!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ZF box in the M140 and my old 335 is astonishingly good. Thought it had convinced me to never, ever go back to a manual. DCT not so much - still a bit undecided.

 

Saying that, holding the left paddle for your foot flat to the floor in Sport+ is brutal!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ZF box in the M140 and my old 335 is astonishingly good. Thought it had convinced me to never, ever go back to a manual. DCT not so much - still a bit undecided.

 

Saying that, holding the left paddle for your foot flat to the floor in Sport+ is brutal!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTaF tsn.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mac said:

WTaF tsn.

TSN showings it age eh.... I remember the old'un days..... ahhh

I have managed to spec the car out to £72k at present!! I may need to reel back some options lol :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Give it a week and it will be worth 50k +++

Edited by Andy_Bangle
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy_Bangle said:

Give it a week and it will be worth 50k +++

I know..... then I start looking at secondhand examples but BMW are charging around 10% APR on some examples :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much is the M5 Competition :grin:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andy_Bangle said:

How much is the M5 Competition :grin:

Too big and too much! lol :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Factory order = custom colour, go on you know you want to......

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, shao_khan said:

Factory order = custom colour, go on you know you want to......

News update, BMW M3 no longer available for factory order!

Tried two different dealerships... only stock cars to pick from. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Riz said:

News update, BMW M3 no longer available for factory order!

Tried two different dealerships... only stock cars to pick from. :o

M3 or M4 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

M3 or M4 ?

M3 Saloon Competition DCT.

Both Sytner Sheffield and Cotswold have confirmed that the order books are now closed.

Anybody know what kind of discounts I can achieve by taking a stock car?

Edited by Riz
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Riz said:

Anybody know what kind of discounts I can achieve buy taking a stock car?

I'd be wanting at least 10% for a stock new M3/M4.

A lot depends if they have any cars with the right options for you to be honest.  Palm the dealers off against each other (but only if they are two different buying groups, ie: Sytner vs Inchcape)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biscuits said:

I'd be wanting at least 10% for a stock new M3/M4.

A lot depends if they have any cars with the right options for you to be honest.  Palm the dealers off against each other (but only if they are two different buying groups, ie: Sytner vs Inchcape)

I will see what I can do, timing is terrible as I can't do any finance / credit checks until we have moved house which is towards the end of next month.

If BMW dealerships can take a deposit and hold off on the finance portion then fair enough, I could place a deposit down today on the right spec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Riz said:

I will see what I can do, timing is terrible as I can't do any finance / credit checks until we have moved house which is towards the end of next month.

If BMW dealerships can take a deposit and hold off on the finance portion then fair enough, I could place a deposit down today on the right spec.

Ha, so it's not just me that does car buying at the MOST inappropriate times lol

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go Riz...... just use Lombard Finance instead, will be c5-7% APR

M3 Comp Pack

 

media?id=1e0916b073c5431f8144fb05d2ca492

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now